1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

raedkuwait

Damn i wish he had the same mental strength as oblak we would have won last year, oblak reals off confidence to his defence unlike this guy.

Devils

"No goalkeeper could withstand a relentless Liverpool at Ainfield over 90 minutes"

ES3O9b9U8AA83-d

Messigician

Fuck I wish we had him instead of MATS we would have won back to back trebles under goatverde dawg

Atletico conceded 10x more big chances than we did MATS let in every shot on target LOL too busy clapping before corners.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I've seen the game, Oblak was great. But he plays for a defensive team and his job is classic goalkeeping without any distribution.
Oblak is world class just like MAtS is.

raedkuwait

Hhhh what a fucking myth that distribution thing u guys keep bringing up in defence of Stegen. Mats would have crumbled under that pressure and would have conceded much more goals.

KingLeo10

I've seen the game, Oblak was great. But he plays for a defensive team and his job is classic goalkeeping without any distribution.
Oblak is world class just like MAtS is.

A keeper's first priority is to stop shots. That's how Buffon made his name. That's how Casillas made his name. That's how Kahn and Schmeichel made their names.

It's a different era now where distribution does have importance, but still shot stopping should be prioritized always.

Barcilliant

A keeper's first priority is to stop shots. That's how Buffon made his name. That's how Casillas made his name. That's how Kahn and Schmeichel made their names.

It's a different era now where distribution does have importance, but still shot stopping should be prioritized always.

Exactly. This. A goal keeper is a shot stopper first and foremost. A centre back is a guy with speed, aggression, fierce in the tackle with good positioning. This whole bring the ball out of the back thing is so overdone at Barca. I'd rather have an Oblak with Godin in my side than a Mats and Pique.

Andresito

Staff member
ter Stegen is the least of our problems lol. It's true he could be more clutch, especially in the Anfield game where the first(?) goal was very questionable from him.

But he has won games on his own plenty of times. Exclude his ball playing skills, he's without a doubt top 3-5 shot stopper in the world and would be impossible to upgrade at the moment.

LABarcaFan

Bayern Munich are willing to pay 100 million to get Ter Stegen, but I doubt he will like the idea of leaving Barca. Many European sport sites are talking about Mark as the Best Goalkeeper in the World, followed by Alison and Neuer. In my opinion, if not the best, he is a top 3 goalie.

Jay Jay

Bayern Munich are willing to pay 100 million to get Ter Stegen, but I doubt he will like the idea of leaving Barca. Many European sport sites are talking about Mark as the Best Goalkeeper in the World, followed by Alison and Neuer. In my opinion, if not the best, he is a top 3 goalie.

Fake news because Neuer can play for at least 3 more seasons.

Home of Barca Fans