1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

olivis

It's unfair that we keep comparing him to Neuer. Neuer after retirement will certainly go down as the greatest goalkeeper of all time or at least the greatest of the modern era (for nostalgic people).

We can't demand such a thing from Ter Stegen. MATS is one of the best in the world right now and that is fine. We can't always have the best and there are other positions in our squad that require more immediate attention.

Yes, MATS is no Manual Neuer but he's the least of our problems right now.

George_Costanza

Find this difficult to believe. I read that Neur makes around 10.something and Courtois 13 something...how can he possibly be asking for 18?

I get that he wants to make up for being paid less for the past years, but I wouldn't pay that.

Everything is relative, he sees his teammates earning a lot, so of course he will demand a rise. It's not his fault it's board.

The sooner they leave the better. So we can sell high earners or reduce their salaries. If they don't like it they can leave.

Havesaks

Seasons ago he had a outstanding half year if people recall, but since then it has been average for a keeper playing in a first rate club. He doesn?t deserve much more than 10-12m. Wouldn?t mind going for something else also.

Still like his dedication. Has captain material imo.

Richard.H

MATS is the least of our problems but he is nowhere near solid enough to be the highest paid GK. Keepers like Allison are still much better than him. IMO he should be very happy with 10-12M

Vilarrubi

He won Barca player of the season for last season :lol:

All aspiring goalkeepers take note.... concede 8 in the most important game of the season and you might win a similar award one day :worthy:

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Yes, MATS is no Manual Neuer but he's the least of our problems right now.

Also, he is almost a guarantee that we will lose 90% of 50:50 KO matches with his MIA-frozen performdances.

I would rather enter into a KO tie without Messi and 3 starting midfielders than with him on a goal.

serghei

Don't bother Wolfe. Seems most have a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

The timing of his surgery layoff is unfortunate, because the last game he played is the Bayern disaster. Once he comes back and puts in good performances again, I suspect most will be back on the Ter Stegen train.

None of this changes the fact that he doesn't deserve to be top 3 GK in the world in terms of wages. We as a club have a major problem with overpaying players. It's part of what got us to this place. We pay our players insane sums of money, based on the idiotic belief that if you have a very high revenue you can afford to throw around with money on crazy transfer fees and crazy wages.

Now that revenue has taken a major hit and we're scrambling financially.

None of our very high earners deserve what they are paid for currently. How on earth is a squad that loses 8-2 in CL the highest paid squad in the world? :lol: It's comical. All major earners are overpaid by a good 30-40% in comparison with what they put on the pitch.

Stegen should be on 5-6m. net a year. That's his level. Very good keeper but not world beater. 6m net is a great salary everywhere else but at Barca. I wonder how much is Keylor Navas on at PSG... A better keeper than Stegen.

Just looked it up. Navas is 7.2 net, and that's at cash cow PSG. And he is a triple CL winner with multiple great performance in CL finals. Stegen at 6 is about right.

Last edited:

Devils

He deserves to be the highest paid keeper in the world.

Bayern, Liverpool, Roma, Juventus, PSG etc...should all contribute to his payroll. He's been so valuable for these clubs.

Laplacian

If you're getting dominated, you expect a world class goalkeeper to make a ton of saves and at least stop several high potential goals. Think De Gea in 2017/2018, where the team had an absurd amount of expected goals conceded but for some reason managed to circumvent that by large, due to De Geas Quality. Neuers performances last year.

With Ter Stegen, at this point it feels like most recent chances go in during the KO stars. It's not like Liverpool played absurd football, those goals were easily avoidable. What is the commander of our defensive shape doing during a corner, organising the defense and prepping them to stay alert? No. Lol, they conceded a goal because they weren't paying attention.

Then there's the 8-2.

Yeah no, Ter Stegen doesn't deserve to be paid 18m a year. If he persists sell him and start Neto.

It's not like he makes a difference during the CL, so why do we need him?

Messigician

Ter Clown.

I watched Navas, Neuer, Alisson go beast mode to keep their teams in ties and ride their luck.

Even Valdes had his moments for us.

If we had any luck at all we get past fucking Roma and Liverpool easily it wasn't a Bayern 8-2 where we had no chance.

It's up to players like mr should be Germany number 1 to step up and be clutch.

Instead he lets in the softest goals.

Fuck Ter Clown I'm done with him

FinBarcelonafan

Ter Clown.

I watched Navas, Neuer, Alisson go beast mode to keep their teams in ties and ride their luck.

Even Valdes had his moments for us.

If we had any luck at all we get past fucking Roma and Liverpool easily it wasn't a Bayern 8-2 where we had no chance.

It's up to players like mr should be Germany number 1 to step up and be clutch.

Instead he lets in the softest goals.

Fuck Ter Clown I'm done with him

Last year he stole the Dortmund game away. We had no business getting one point. But yes in general he is not showing up in big games.

malvolio

Last year he stole the Dortmund game away. We had no business getting one point. But yes in general he is not showing up in big games.

thing is when we're losing heavily in important games, nobody looks good or shows up. but i agree that he could have done better or that there are better keepers out there.

olivis

thing is when we're losing heavily in important games, nobody looks good or shows up. but i agree that he could have done better or that there are better keepers out there.

I disagree. It's goalkeepers especially who can step up when the team is not performing.

I remember Manuel Neuer vs Real Madrid in 2017. Bayern sucked with Ancelotti but Neuer made like 5 unstoppable saves I remember sitting there with my hands in my head thinking how the hell it was even possible.

I don't watch Bayern a lot, only in big CL ties but Neuer ALWAYS performs (exception when he had that serious injury for 2 years).

If I think back real far I even remember him playing for Schalke in a CL semi final vs United and he kept out like 5 certain goals. Same with Schalke vs Porto when he was just a kid.

So when your team sucks that can be the time to shine for a GK, like Neuer does. Instead MATS chose to pass the ball to Thiago all game.

Home of Barca Fans