1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Barcilliant

He must be psychologically destroyed already. I think he fakes being confident. Neuer actually is confident. Huge difference between the two.

fergus90

Neuer get destroyed today so there might be hope for Stergen at Germany national team.

Nah, national coaches aren?t fickle enough to drop Neuer after one bad game. He?s been solid all year. Germany knows Ter Stegen isn?t up to it at National level.

olivis

Another thing I noticed, sometimes when the ref has already whistled (so there's no point in shooting or saving the ball) and the striker still shoots from like 5 meters Ter Stegen manages to miraculously keep the ball out. Like when there's no purpose or pressure he turns into some kind of Manuel Neuer. It just shows what he's capable of is his mind and insecurity isn't holding him back.

Devils

Among the best 5 GK in the world since many years. Who said the opposite don't know nothing about this sport.

lol no he hasn't been.

1) Neuer
2) Oblak
3) Allison
4) Navas

Have easily..EASILY been better than him from 2015-2020

There were other keepers like De Gea, Ederson and Courtois who also had some very good years in the 2015-2020 period.

So no, it isn't so easy to put Ter-Stegen in the top 5 goalkeepers as you state.

olivis

Neuer get destroyed today so there might be hope for Stergen at Germany national team.

Lol I just saw the highlights.
Hoffenheim could have scored 8 if not for Neuer. He was insane again today. No hope for MATS in German NT at least till 2022 when Neuer probably retires from NT.

Vilarrubi

Ter Stegen demands to be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world. Before COVID, he asked for €24M net / year and now he asks for €18M. The directive wants to renew, but there are those who believe that his demands are "out of the market". @rubenuria

:lol:

Jay Jay

Ter Stegen demands to be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world. Before COVID, he asked for ?24M net / year and now he asks for ?18M. The directive wants to renew, but there are those who believe that his demands are "out of the market". @rubenuria

That is 4-5 times more than now. Fuck No! I would offer max. 16 M gross.

Messi983

Ter Stegen demands to be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world. Before COVID, he asked for ?24M net / year and now he asks for ?18M. The directive wants to renew, but there are those who believe that his demands are "out of the market". @rubenuria

Lol, he's not crazy to ask for 18m net. It's 18m gross.

Porque

Highest paid goalkeeper in the world requires... To be... The best... Goalie in the... World.

He isn't- or hasn't been for a few seasons. Really like Steggy but if we can A get a good transfer fee and B, line up a quality replacement then would not object to losing him.

In the big games I prefer a goalie that save goals > can dribble a bit.

malvolio

Highest paid goalkeeper in the world requires... To be... The best... Goalie in the... World.

He isn't- or hasn't been for a few seasons. Really like Steggy but if we can A get a good transfer fee and B, line up a quality replacement then would not object to losing him.

In the big games I prefer a goalie that save goals > can dribble a bit.

it's debatable. did kepa warrant that huge transfer fee? does de gea deserves being the highest paid GK in the world?

also, him being exposed in those CL games is a matter of how we defended and put the GK under pressure by constantly involving him in the buildup.

for that 4-0 against liverpool, we also had 3-0 at home were he didn't concede.

not saying that there aren't better GKs out there, but at what cost?

Home of Barca Fans