1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Richard.H

He is back training with the squad but I would hold out on playing him. Neto has done a fine job imo and we need to figure out how to share more minutes between the two.

Altomonte

maybe Neto should have played the Bayern match. Too much pressure on MAtS to compete with Neuer.
BTW, I don't think Bayern would have defeated PSG without Neuer. He was MOTM in my book.
I think we should not kick out Neto and let MAtS take over immediately.
MAtS may have a slight edge in distribution, but Neto has been very solid.

Barcilliant

No way choker should walk back into the team. Neto has shown himself to be fairly solid. He should retain the number one spot.
Ter Stegen is vastly overrated. As mentioned by other posters great keepers keep you in the game when things are not going well. Ter Stegen is the opposite. Crumbles under pressure and does mistake after mistake.
His display against Bayern was the worst I've ever seen in thirty plus years of watching Bar?a.
He is too arrogant and doesn't know how to adapt. In the Bayern game he kept passing directly to Bayern players. Instead of kicking it long he kept on trying to play out of the back.
He's too wrapped up in trying to be better than Neuer and he simply isn't.

Barcilliant

Don't bother Wolfe. Seems most have a "what have you done for me lately" attitude.

The timing of his surgery layoff is unfortunate, because the last game he played is the Bayern disaster. Once he comes back and puts in good performances again, I suspect most will be back on the Ter Stegen train.
Dream on.

His legacy is already tarnished. I would sell if a good offer comes in. We need the money anyway.
Valdes wasn't a spectacular keeper but he was pretty solidand clutch in big cl games.

malvolio

neto is not better than him you bozos :lol:

he wasn't really tested this season anyway. comparing the batterings we endured in those CL eliminations to what neto had to parry this season is an absolute joke.

even in the clasico most shots were straight at neto and then he made the mistake for real's third.

i get it ter stegen might not be ideal, but writing bullshit like neto is better than him doesn't make it true.

valdes clutch in big CL matches like in the 2013 0-7 aggregate loss to bayern? he really closed the net, didn't he?

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Same things have been said about Cillessen vs ter Stegen. These backup GK's aren't suddenly going to become top 10 GK's in their 30's after playing 3 games in a row for the first time in 2 years.

malvolio

Same things have been said about Cillessen vs ter Stegen. These backup GK's aren't suddenly going to become top 10 GK's in their 30's after playing 3 games in a row for the first time in 2 years.

people in here were crying over cillesssen being traded to valencia. went over there and had some shambolic performances. enough said about football fans being able to evaluate a player's potential.

fergus90

people in here were crying over cillesssen being traded to valencia. went over there and had some shambolic performances. enough said about football fans being able to evaluate a player's potential.

It's not as black and white as that. Some players perform well at certain clubs and then not at others. Failed transfers happen all the time. Bravo - great here, absolutely horrendous for Man City including one of the shakiest debuts I'd ever seen at Old Trafford.

Neto deserves to keep his spot right now anyway and was a solid keeper for Valencia prior to joining us. People act like Ter Stegen is some goalkeeping god but he's made loads of fuck ups here and whilst Neto is performing okay deserves continuity.

malvolio

It's not as black and white as that. Some players perform well at certain clubs and then not at others. Failed transfers happen all the time. Bravo - great here, absolutely horrendous for Man City including one of the shakiest debuts I'd ever seen at Old Trafford.

Neto deserves to keep his spot right now anyway and was a solid keeper for Valencia prior to joining us. People act like Ter Stegen is some goalkeeping god but he's made loads of fuck ups here and whilst Neto is performing okay deserves continuity.

mate, cillessen didn't do something extraordinary here. he was no better as the previous substitute GK, which was bravo. what's to discuss here? he won us a league/CL or something?

neto maybe deserves another match at most, until ter stegen is match fit. otherwise it's pretty obvious and well known how GK hierarchies are established. you don't rotate the GK at will or suddenly give the 2nd GK the starting spot just because he was decent and nothing more, while the starting GK was injured.

neto didn't do something extraordinary while 1st choice. so why would he get he starting spot?

i swear, some people in here don't even think before posting.

dostoevskij

Neto is a very good back up goalie for a team like barca.
ter stegen is no neuer, but he is easily a top10 Keeper.

Thats it. case closed:wave:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
neto is not better than him you bozos :lol:

he wasn't really tested this season anyway. comparing the batterings we endured in those CL eliminations to what neto had to parry this season is an absolute joke.

even in the clasico most shots were straight at neto and then he made the mistake for real's third.

i get it ter stegen might not be ideal, but writing bullshit like neto is better than him doesn't make it true.

valdes clutch in big CL matches like in the 2013 0-7 aggregate loss to bayern? he really closed the net, didn't he?

Agreed. Ter Stegen is still the better goalkeeper.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yh not that convinced of Neto either , seems like most of time he is playing hot potato with the ball. Otoh you got Mats who chokes harder than an asthma patient in the CL knock-outs. Pick your poison.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans