1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

raedkuwait

Are you intentionally ignoring half of what I say? "there's no one in the squad who is currently top 10 in their position except alba because of terrible LB's in the world".

Clearly I'm stating that there are huge problems throughout the squad.

To answer your question no he's not the biggest reason for the UCL exits. He did absolutely nothing to help though and was just downright bad against Roma, Liverpool and Bayern. He's a goalkeeper that gets the opportunity to play these big important games year after year and year after year he falls short. It's not ridiculous to say in big important games he would rank below the top 40.

Dont bother your self either they are blind or just
Ignorant, in those losse against rome and liverpool
Regardless of how bad our diffence, a big stage
Keeper would have made us go through, one big stop
One huge performance from a keeper would make us
Through, for instance our Cl final against
Arsenal, you think our defense was top notch
Then!! Valdes saved our asses time after time
Spains final against holland casias made save
After save, so actually i think the keeper is
The one player in the team that can be a game
Changer. And Stegen proven time after time that
He is not that kind of keeper.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And Ter Stegen is a world class goalkeeper

World class is being thrown around too liberally these days. He is a top goal keeper for sure, but not the best.

The problem is I don't see who we can realistic replace him with that will make our defense better.

kattanib

World class is being thrown around too liberally these days. He is a top goal keeper for sure, but not the best.

The problem is I don't see who we can realistic replace him with that will make our defense better.

Goalkeepers do not get any better than this let us be honest, and he is the least of our problems. The point of the discussion was to sell him for the money and not to get a better keeper. We can settle with Neto for now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Goalkeepers do not get any better than this let us be honest, and he is the least of our problems. The point of the discussion was to sell him for the money and not to get a better keeper. We can settle with Neto for now.

Let's just agree to disagree.

kattanib

I don't think Inter or anybody wants Coutinho at this point, certainly not for 40m. In the immediate post-COVID days, unless if you are a teenager future superstar, not many players will go beyond 50m, let alone a 28-year-old flop like him.

PSG doesn't need money to the point of buying useless players just to sell jerseys, and PSG isn't trying to build FC France like Bayern did with FC Germany years ago.

Bayern absolutely has no reason to buy Ter Stegen for any amount of money, let alone 80m. Again, they have the next generation of German keeper Nuebel lined up to take over once Neuer is gone.

City is not a satellite club of ours and they have no interest in paying anything for Messi in January when they could get him for free next July.

One can dream a bit no? Thats what keeps us smiling nowadays. You are right though

xXKonan

I tend to stay out of this thread but even I'm getting frustrated when it comes to Mats.

Feels like the guy can do some heroics but ends up caving in high-pressure situations and making really dumb mistakes for the last several years.

BarcaOG

Banned
its fine, i dont blame him, could easily have worked out. he makes up for it often by bailing us out so im not at all upset

FC B

Saved Barca's ass countless times but what a game and what a way to fuck it up man, terrible Neuer like attempt...

Rory

He?s made 5 mistakes leading to a goal. Since April 2019 that is the most. No doubt he has been great in the league for a few years but he isn?t anymore. I don?t want the club to constantly reward poor form/ not showing up in big games. It?s partly what has lead to so many players staying on longer than they should have.

Same for Bayern, they can work on building the next generation German national team with Stegen as the main GK if Nuer is retiring anytime soon. Else Stegen finds another club, maybe Chelsea as they lack a good GK
Sorry, but ter Stegen to Bayern is the biggest nonsense I have read on internet since a while..also saw report on AS.

I mean seriously, its tough to imagine a more laughable and unrealistic transfer rumour.

Bayern has never been interested and will never be interested in ter Stegen.

Neuer isnt going to retire anytime soon, has just extended his contract until 2023 and is giving GOAT performances on a weekly basis..absolutely undroppable and after Lewandowski the most important player and also captain of the team.

Just the imagination Bayern buying ter Stegen for huge amount of money + having higher salary than Neuer dispite being a cheap version of him, to sit on the bench in his peak years :lol:

That was laughable even before Covid

Home of Barca Fans