1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

olivis

Neuer with another masterclass against Sevilla. I think it's fair to say the German GK discussion has been put to bed, if it hadn't already.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is a very good GK ala Navas or De Gea but I think we have overrated him. He is not elite level ala Neuer, Kahn, Cassilas, Buffon.

I always thought the same, but in all fairness out of all those names Ter Stegen is probably the keeper that had to work with the worst defense and not by a small margin.

fergus90

He's fine for La Liga, but one of the biggest bottle jobs in big Champions League nights. Last clutch performance was Bayern away in 2015, and even then Barca had plenty of chances themselves to score more than 2. He's massively overrated here like he's some kind of saviour with Messi, we did no worse with Bravo in the sticks for 2 years in La Liga who ended up a disaster at City.

SmilerBam

He's the greatest highlight keeper in the world,but when it matters,he crumbles like a child playing with boys.I'd rather have Allison,not as spectacular,but clearly a more rounded goalkeeper,especially mentally.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I always thought the same, but in all fairness out of all those names Ter Stegen is probably the keeper that had to work with the worst defense and not by a small margin.

Thats right but from a worldclass/eliteclass keeper I expect better performances in big matches. In these humilations nearly every shot was a goal.

Barcilliant

He's one of the premier reasons why we concede bucket loads in CL KO games.

He's king in small LL games but absolutely shits the bed whenever the pressure is on. Not 1 monster game between PSG, Juve, Roma, Pool, Bayern. VV would have come clutch in at least 1 of the 5. Same with Navas and Oblak. I don't even need to mention Neuer.

I have to agree. There are nights when a goalkeeper just HAS to step up and have a blinder. This gives belief to the team that they can tough it out.
Ter Stegen on the other hand is at his weakest when the pressure is on. His performance against Bayern was the WORST by any Barca goalie I have seen in 30 plus years.
He hs skills but my God he is a mental midget.
Look at Valdes. He was clutch in the big cl games and he used to have severe anxiety issues plus bouts of erratic form.
Then again in all these debacles NOT ONE PLAYER has covered themselves in any glory. A massive issue is leadership or lack of it. Messi is captain because he is Messi.

Devils

There was NEVER EVER a debate.

It was a few Barca/MAtS fanboys rallying for him because he became the starting keeper for Barca.

The rest of football world (Germans included) all know that Neuer is light years ahead of Mediocre MAtS

raedkuwait

There where many in here hailing him as the best keeper in the world or top 3, heck he is hardly in the top 20 keeper specially in
Pressure matches we should really drop him cause he is mentaly so damn week. me and few
In here been saying this for ages and then we got eating alive for saying that, now its becomin more clear to every one.

Devils

The worst part about this is that we will have to endure this Mediocre MAtS and Sergi Roberto clown show for another 5 years at least.

At least with Busi, Pique, Alba will be gone soon.

The Mediocre MAtS nightmare goes on. Sad days for this club.

Home of Barca Fans