Oriol Busquets

khaled_a_d

But they were BOTH in NT teams, in the end...
If you are not in the NT team, that is a huge red flag.

As I have said, this is not 100% accurate and there will always be exceptions.

But in general, it is a nice indicator.
In general, La Masia kid should be a key player or one of key players in the youth NT teams.
If not, it is highly unlikely that he will make it at Barca one day.

Oriol is in Spanish NT, just like Carvajal. coach prefer someone over him, just like Carvajal. I mean those are the raw number of game played not game called.
Also remember that Spain fails to qualify further sometimes, this will cut players number a lot. Brahim Díaz has even less game and he is undoubtedly huge talent , Spain didn't reach U-17 WC in 2015 and was meh in European tournament while a guy like Abel is playing finals for fun
Busquets seem to be a player of a poorly managed Spain youth team, they play fewer and he might not play every game. That says zero on him.
Unless you actually follow every game of Spain and can make a concrete opinion, which non of us do

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Shame he couldn't make the tour.

Not sure what happens with him if we sign De Jong. B team another season was on the cards anyway, after that, a loan, I reckon.

Windhook

Barca became a huge club and developing La Masia talents got a lot harder than it was in the 90's, when Treble was something unheard of in this club and expectations were not this extreme. That's why nowadays we go after Ajax youngsters, because they have tons of playing minutes and confidence, also they play among quality players. Oriol and other talents have each other and some mediocre Segunda B (third tier) quality players to back up with some experience at Barcelona B, plus aspiring inexperienced coaches. Of course it's not going to work the way it does in The Netherlands, Belgium and France.

tacticvarium

[tw]1030353570477035521[/tw]

[tw]1030559194024427521[/tw]

and another important player got injured.
Something might be wrong with the B team's medical team.:thinking:

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Maybe it's a rite of passage. The team beats new players with hockey clubs as a hazing ritual.

/sarcasm ofc

tacticvarium

[tw]1067348014648283138[/tw]

[tw]1068222938200109060[/tw]

It is really nice to see that a player like Busquets cares about La Masia and say nice things about the younger generation.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People wouldn't have been so high on him had his name not been Busquets.

Some of the notoriety with him is due to his surname. That's not to say he isn't talented, but he got some of the limitations Sergio Busquets got without his ability or talent.

The true gem in La Masia right now is Riqui Puig. Everyone else are at least two tiers below right now. I'm not counting Wague or the other signings.

God Serena

People wouldn't have been so high on him had his name not been Busquets.

Some of the notoriety with him is due to his surname. That's not to say he isn't talented, but he got some of the limitations Sergio Busquets got without his ability or talent.

The true gem in La Masia right now is Riqui Puig. Everyone else are at least two tiers below right now. I'm not counting Wague or the other signings.

Not counting Alena? Or does he no longer count as a La Masia gem now that he's with the first team? If it's the latter, I'm unfortunately inclined to agree with you. If it's the former, I think you may be overrating Puig.

tacticvarium

All of the expectations on Oriol has nothing to do with his surname but what he has been showing both for the club and Spain YT since he was a kid.
The one who is also currently overrated by fans is in fact, Puig not Oriol.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans