Oriol Busquets

tacticvarium

First season with the B team but already established himself as a firm starter although he was still adapting to Segunda physically. Valverde himself mentioned Oriol's name several times during the interview so it's very likely that he will get to train with the first team regularly next season like Aleñá.

messi1995

Need a coach that can guide him better than Lopez. Oriol Busi is still raw, but I really like him. With a proper coach like Pimienta next season I believe he will be a very good DM. If everything goes well I think he has the chance to reach the first team and be an important player in the future. No one will replace Sergio Busquets, but Oriol can be coached by good managers like Pimienta, Valverde in the first team and learn from Sergio. Thats my dream and hopefully he will succeed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Valverde says"...

No quotes and even then his actions so far show no indication of having Barca long term future in mind.

God Serena

"Valverde says"...

No quotes and even then his actions so far show no indication of having Barca long term future in mind.

I mean, it's still possible, however unlikely it may be. Perhaps he doesn't want to use B team players at all, but does consider the possibility of promoting them. Alena and Busquets are two youngsters he loves to bring to first team training, so he does have any eye on them, to some extent.

I'm probably just being too hopeful though.

BarçaBarça

Read something about a stall in the negotiations. A bit nervewrecking that we haven't sorted his contract out one month before expiring.
It would be quite symbolic and a huge loss if we end up losing him, imo - he is exactly the kind of player who should get a shot at the first team.

Joan

Oriol :dance: :dance: :dance:

Currently my favorite youngster

Is he well? Will he do a preseason with the first team?

BarçaBarça

How long is his contract now? Great news to tie him to the club :okay:
I hope he will get some minutes here and there next season - better used on him than eternity-talents like Denis.
Oriol has actually shown quite a bit of potential and we really should try to utilize that :)

Home of Barca Fans