Oriol Busquets

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hard to believe Busquets is already 29 but I guess it really didn't sink in how old our core has gotten. Messi, Pique, and Suarez are all 30. Iniesta/Masche are on their last legs and even Alba is 28 and will likely decline earlier as a fullback relying on pace.

Oriol is definitely coming through at the right time to have a chance at making the pivot spot his own. Replacing Busi was always going to be a monumentally difficult task and it's even harder to find like players in the transfer market, so to have players coming out of the youth system that have been growing up emulating him and gaining experience in our own style of play is perfect. He already seems to have full confidence at playing through pressure and picking out passes between lines, and he looks to be pretty agile on his feet too. Hopefully he continues to develop defensive awareness and positioning, working as the midfield spine. He'll be tested and challenged well in the Segunda and 2-3 years with the B team will give him a great opportunity to grow into the role.

This B team looks like it's gonna be really fun to watch. A midfield of Aleña-Busquets-Vitinho, Cucurella and Palencia as fullbacks, Bueno at CB, and maybe even Sarr at LW if we end up getting him this window. I didn't really bother watching their games in Segunda B as it was a pain in the ass finding streams, but now I can watch every game just as a few years back.

tacticvarium

I hope Gerard López plays Oriol as a starter but he will probably choose Ferrán or other older guy ahead of him for most of the first half of season.

Jallo

[youtube]pShZna5ToBU&t=16s[/youtube]

He had a great game yesterday showed many of his strengths, defending, physicality, passing, positioning. He has got it all, one of our most exciting DMs. Two games into Liga 1|2|3 already looks like he belongs. Our Busquets dynasty looks to be in good hands.

Shoutout to FCBReporter on Youtube for the great video, be sure to subscribe and give him a like.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca B going to be more interesting to watch than first team at this rate.

Encouraging that La Masia players are getting good minuted early doors.

xXKonan

Considering our Midfield situation I wouldn't even be surprised if Valverde ends up giving the likes of Alena game time this season.

there's some interesting ones in the B team that's for sure.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Oriol Busquets vs Juventus <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UYL?src=hash">#UYL</a><br><br>84 passes<br>92% pass accuracy<br>3 tackles<br>7 aerials won<br>11 challenges won<br><br>Busquets-esque. <a href="https://t.co/xq2kJHkl86">pic.twitter.com/xq2kJHkl86</a></p>— FootballTalentScout (@FTalentScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/FTalentScout/status/907717984025759744">September 12, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]​

messi1995

Can someone tell me the difference between Samper and Oriol Busquets? I think Samper is closest to Sergio Busi because of his playing style and calmness. We are producing many DM's like Samper, Oriol, Jandro, Alex Rico and many more so impossible to say who I Prefer.

MessiDinho10

Can someone tell me the difference between Samper and Oriol Busquets? I think Samper is closest to Sergio Busi because of his playing style and calmness. We are producing many DM's like Samper, Oriol, Jandro, Alex Rico and many more so impossible to say who I Prefer.

Oriol is better defensively/physically, while Samper has better vision.

God Serena

Oriol is basically a clone of Busquets all the way down to his last name. It's kind of bizarre, actually. Even moments where Busquets holds onto the ball too long just to do a behind the back dribble and pass to a wide man are emulated in Oriol. Samper has a similar style to Busi but he's much more of a Xavi-like player, which is why people often suggest he switch to playing CM. Nobody in their right mind has the same ideas for Oriol.

FC433

Why did Valverde call him when we know he will not play? On Sunday Barcelona B has a very tough game against Sevilla B.

Home of Barca Fans