Oriol Busquets

khaled_a_d

It seems like he wants a chance to impress during Pre-season in hopes he can stay with the team.

I was watching some videos for him, and in comments section it seems Twente fans thinks he is in the argument for their worst player/starter.
It doesn't seem seem like he is a guy who deserve that chance tbh. If we can get 3-5M for him it will be nice.

Messi983

Yep.

@Alik: Please move this thread to Barca B&La Masia and remove that (loaned to Twente) from thread title. :)

FC433

Would like to see him play for the first team. Sell/ loan M. Fernandes and replace him with OB. Let us see what he has to offer.

FC433

^
has to leave Barca B either way. Give him 6 months with the first team and sell him in the summer. He was alright whenever I watched him, definitely better than both MF and Alena (as a CDM/ CM).

JamDav1982

^
has to leave Barca B either way. Give him 6 months with the first team and sell him in the summer. He was alright whenever I watched him, definitely better than both MF and Alena (as a CDM/ CM).

He wouldnt play for first team and doubt any team is paying money for him in summer either.

Andresito

Staff member
Would like to see him play for the first team. Sell/ loan M. Fernandes and replace him with OB. Let us see what he has to offer.

Oriol is far far far from Barca level. He's been injured for a pretty long time now as well so he needs to get his rhythm back.

If he would've been Barca level player, even a bench player, he wouldn't have played as a CB for Twente.
A Barca backup should easily be the most important midfielder in a team like Twente, especially one who's supposedly a ball playing midfielder like Oriol.

He's 22 in a few weeks. It's time to face the fact that he can't be of any use for us.

FC433

^
still, his time is over with Barca B. I am sure it would not hurt to let him train with the first team. You never know, he could be useful just like Mingueza.

JamDav1982

^
still, his time is over with Barca B. I am sure it would not hurt to let him train with the first team. You never know, he could be useful just like Mingueza.

He isnt better than likes of Alena and would doubt he is even better than Fernandes.

Was underwhelming in a fairly poor Dutch league.

Andresito

Staff member
^

There's a difference in performing as CB and midfielder I'd say. A player like Marlon looked solid as well but he's now stuck at Sassuolo.

Plus I don't think Mingueza is that good of a player. Don't think any half decent club looking at him are thinking "wow this guy is good, we should sign him".

And as I've said Oriol just came back from an injury. It'll be better for him to play regularly at Barca B.

Messi983

^

Why would you promote him to the first team? He'd never play. Either let him stay in Barca B as a bit more experienced squad/backup player or loan him. But he doesn't have any long term future at the club.

FC433

He isnt better than likes of Alena and would doubt he is even better than Fernandes.

Was underwhelming in a fairly poor Dutch league.
As a holding CM? cannot argue with you if believe that.

There's a difference in performing as CB and midfielder I'd say. A player like Marlon looked solid as well but he's now stuck at Sassuolo.

Plus I don't think Mingueza is that good of a player. Don't think any half decent club looking at him are thinking "wow this guy is good, we should sign him".

And as I've said Oriol just came back from an injury. It'll be better for him to play regularly at Barca B.
We play with two holding CMs, and we have got FDJ, MP, Busquets, Puig, MF, and maybe Roberto. Would not be better to replace MF with OB, and let Orellana plays regularly for Barca B? OB does not have to play, at all. He just needs to leave Barca B and train with the first team.

You do not think he is good enough, yet you want him to play (take someone else's minutes) regularly for Barca B. Why? Genuinely interested.
Another question, if you allow me, why are you opposing letting him train with/ be part of the first team? I personally see no disadvantages.

FC433

Why would you promote him to the first team? He'd never play. Either let him stay in Barca B as a bit more experienced squad/backup player or loan him. But he doesn't have any long term future at the club.

His time is up and needs to move on. He is 21/ 22 in a couple of weeks. Orellana, Nico, Moriba, and other players deserve to get their opportunities.

Messi983

Yeah, that's why I've said he should be kept there as a backup DM/CM and CB.

With Mingueza in the first team and Ramos Mingo and Gomes injured for some time we only have Comas and Mika Marmol as CBs so Oriol could be useful as a cover there.

Sanz is now used as a RB and Sarsanedas is permanently injured so Orellana is the only remaining DM. And if Ilaix will be called up to the first team more often we'd only have Nico G. and Lucas De Vega for CM positions alongside Matheus Pereira who is also used as a winger.

So I have no problems keeping Oriol in Barca B until June and then move on from him. But if he wants to play on a higher level immediately and he'll find a club which will promise him minutes (don't think there will be much interest in him though tbh) then he can be loaned or even sold this month for all I care. But promoting him to the first team where he won't play doesn't make any sense for Barca and even less for Oriol.

Home of Barca Fans