SSC Napoli

MessiTHEgoat

In terms of football, they are the best team in the world for 2 or more years. I'm not talking about results.

pep agrees, he just said this 2 days ago:

"We're going to face the team who played the best football in Italy. I'm not talking about winning - I like to watch the teams who want to play.

"In Italy, where the culture is defensive in the box, they play 40m in front a bit like Arrigo Sacchi did once. With the ball they are fantastic. For me, and it's just my opinion, they are one of the three best teams right now in Europe playing football.

JamDav1982

pep agrees, he just said this 2 days ago:

"We're going to face the team who played the best football in Italy. I'm not talking about winning - I like to watch the teams who want to play.

"In Italy, where the culture is defensive in the box, they play 40m in front a bit like Arrigo Sacchi did once. With the ball they are fantastic. For me, and it's just my opinion, they are one of the three best teams right now in Europe playing football.

Pep speaks monumental amounts of shit these days though.

Claimed the draw with Everton was his proudest moment as a manager a few days ago

Carries more weight if he says that before City drawn with them really.

Pep speaks monumental amounts of shit these days though.

Claimed the draw with Everton was his proudest moment as a manager a few days ago

Carries more weight if he says that before City drawn with them really.

What Pep said about Napoli is 100% true. Who plays football better than Napoli. Forget about Results. It's glorious to watch Napoli play.

What made experts to claim Barca with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets as the best team ever? Titles and success? No. Real Madrid and AC Milan have won more in their successful era. It's the way they played. The quality. Not the result. (Result is also an important factor though).

What made Ferguson claim that no other team has destroyed them more than Barca? Result? No. They have lost many times with score difference more than 2. It's the way they were outplayed.

Napoli were hands down the better team when they played against Real Madrid last year. But unfortunately football is a game in which a team that scores more goal wins.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I hate pep as a person. But what he said about Napoli is 100% true. Who plays football better than Napoli. Forget about Results. It's glorious to watch Napoli play.

What made experts to claim Barca with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets as the best team ever? Titles and success? No. Real Madrid and AC Milan have won more in their successful era. It's the way they played. The quality. Not the result. (Result is also an important factor though).

What made Ferguson claim that no other team has destroyed them more than Barca? Result? No. They have lost many times with score difference more than 2. It's the way they were outplayed.

Napoli were hands down the better team when they played against Real Madrid last year. But unfortunately football is a game in which a team that scores more goal wins.

He said it because they are playing them.

Yes titles and success playing the way Barca did is the exact reason they got so roundly praised.

Result is far more important if comparing the two seperately.

Having more of the ball is not always being the better team.

He said it because they are playing them.

Yes titles and success playing the way Barca did is the exact reason they got so roundly praised.

Result is far more important if comparing the two seperately.

Having more of the ball is not always being the better team.

Pep always had high esteem of unsuccessful teams that play great football. He said it about the Ajax, Dortmund too.

In football as a business, of course the results are more important.

But in terms of pure football, the most important thing is the 90 minutes of the match.

That's why people legendize The Great Dutch team of 1970s that ran havoc throughout the world cup tournament. They are acclaimed by those who know football as one of the greatest teams ever and by some as the greatest international team ever.

The final is remembered for only two things
1. How Germany couldn't even touch the ball before Netherlands scored first goal after numerous breathtaking short passes only to be stopped by fouling Cruyff.
2. How Netherlands were more interested in expressing themselves and completely outplaying the opponent than actually winning the game.

To be fair, if results are far more important, you should not claim that Barca is the best team in history. Because there are atleast 5 teams that are as successful as Barca throughout history. It's the quality of play that has earned Barca, Ajax, Netherlands of 1970s and Spain the acclaim it has.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Pep always had high esteem of unsuccessful teams that play great football. He said it about the Ajax, Dortmund too.

In football as a business, of course the results are more important.

But in terms of pure football, the most important thing is the 90 minutes of the match.

That's why people legendize The Great Dutch team of 1970s that ran havoc throughout the world cup tournament. They are acclaimed by those who know football as one of the greatest teams ever and by some as the greatest international team ever.

The final is remembered for only two things
1. How Germany couldn't even touch the ball before Netherlands scored first goal after numerous breathtaking short passes only to be stopped by fouling Cruyff.
2. How Netherlands were more interested in expressing themselves and completely outplaying the opponent than actually winning the game.

To be fair, if results are far more important, you should not claim that Barca is the best team in history. Because there are atleast 5 teams that are as successful as Barca throughout history. It's the quality of play that has earned Barca, Ajax, Netherlands of 1970s and Spain the acclaim it has.

Barca are the most dominant and succesful team may have ever seen it is both that have them held in such high regard.

The way a team plays only means anything if successful doing it.

Being held up as best intl team never to win is hollow praise and Germany got the job done the Dutch didnt.

Pep praises just about every team he comes up against.

BerkeleyBernie

Yep! Barça 2.0. Took them awhile to break down a very disciplined Bologna defense, so at this point in the game, they could relax a bit and kick the ball around. Love how they always keep the ball moving, even if it's back and forth between two players under no immediate pressure.

Diawara (42) subbed on for Hamsik, controlling much of the midfield play in this clip. 20 years old, great talent. Fantastic positioning- watch how much ground he covers in this clip just to position to be the available pivot. Xavi/Thiago type in the making, except 6 ft tall.

El Flaco

Pretty sure it's just time-wasting.

Napoli are a very entertaining team to watch. But in fairness, Bologna were tired at that point and hardly prassed as a unit.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Last team in the top leagues with a perfect start after we drew against Atlético tonight. At the same time, they won another game away to Roma. Amazing season so far.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sarri will leave and rumours are that Ancelotti will replace him. Say goodbye to beautiful football.

Hamsik might leave to China. They had their shot at the Scudetto and will probably not get it again.

Home of Barca Fans