Mateo Kovačić

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Does he or Halilovic have a younger brother in the u17s? Because I remember seeing a familiar name, but can't remember which it was.

Edit: Maybe it was Halilovic...

Stric

Short update on this kid. Kovacic made his debut with Croatian NT 2 days ago in 2-0 win against Serbia.
I was very impressed with that I saw.

Me too. Pretty cool that he made his international debut in such an important game, and even better that he had a very good performance. At first I was very skeptical about Štimac deciding to play with no DMs, but it went well and turned out great for Kovačić. Well done.

Darko

Me too. Pretty cool that he made his international debut in such an important game, and even better that he had a very good performance. At first I was very skeptical about Štimac deciding to play with no DMs, but it went well and turned out great for Kovačić. Well done.

+1
my thoughts exactly

Gaudi

Halilovic is more talented but as it looks more stupid as well, he is a "star"...Kovacic is down to earth.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As a raw player that's very understandable

Some of these dribbles are very Iniesta-like with more forward-direction.

Chainsaw

Killahead
As a raw player that's very understandable

Some of these dribbles are very Iniesta-like with more forward-direction.

Yep many people quickly see that resemblance to Iniesta in his game. One of the very few bright prospects of Inter this season. Hope the new coach gets the best out of him next season.

Boris

He should play a more attacking possition, wastes too much stamina in transition. Will be a great player in few years

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Eh disagree. Some players benefit from starting in more reserved positions because they are best at running forward full force and startling the defenders as they run by.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Eh disagree. Some players benefit from starting in more reserved positions because they are best at running forward full force and startling the defenders as they run by.

Exactly. Kovacic himself said recently that his preferred position is CM.

Home of Barca Fans