Mateo Kovačić

BBZ8800

In the end, the same as majority of RM's midfielders, he is better than our combined 90 Millions worth combo (Arda, Gomes, Denis).

In this match Kovacic offered more "Barca's DNA" and good passes&movements than Gomes&Denis did in the whole season:

Oh, well...

gasgas

He's Modric's successor

Do we have Iniesta's successor, No

Morata is Benzema successor, do we have a Suarez successor, No
Asensio is Ronaldo successor, do we have Messi successor? No

Morten

He's Modric's successor

Do we have Iniesta's successor, No

Morata is Benzema successor, do we have a Suarez successor, No
Asensio is Ronaldo successor, do we have Messi successor? No

Is he Modrics successor though? Not an easy player to replace, by any means.
Morata will probably leave in the summer, since Benzema is undroppable.
Asensio is one for the future, but as with Modric, Ronaldo is not someone you can just replace out of the blue.

gasgas

Is he Modrics successor though? Not an easy player to replace, by any means.
Morata will probably leave in the summer, since Benzema is undroppable.
Asensio is one for the future, but as with Modric, Ronaldo is not someone you can just replace out of the blue.

Well he won't replace Modric by playing at his level. Modric himself had to grow to his current leve. But Kovacic is a player you can trust to take over. This is a guy you play in a classico and does well

Had there not been favoritism towards Benzema, Morata would be starter by now

As for Asensio Well, someone will take that place in your front 3 when Ronaldo retires

dakt

In the end, the same as majority of RM's midfielders, he is better than our combined 90 Millions worth combo (Arda, Gomes, Denis).

In this match Kovacic offered more "Barca's DNA" and good passes&movements than Gomes&Denis did in the whole season:

Oh, well...

I screamed for him to come here and I bet he would fit here even better than in RM. Great talent, but his consistency is yet to be proven however. At this point its mixed feelings for me.
On the one side I want him to succeed to enrich our NT and on the other....

BBZ8800

I screamed for him to come here and I bet he would fit here even better than in RM. Great talent, but his consistency is yet to be proven however. At this point its mixed feelings for me.
On the one side I want him to succeed to enrich our NT and on the other....

I also wanted him here.
Modric and Rakitic have the highest IQ and professionalism among Croatian midfielders and attackers.
And yet, we bought Halilovic, a guy with lowest IQ in Croatian history :facepalm:

Kovacic has consistency problems.
He is not on Verratti's, Modric's level.

But he is (imo) way above Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Arda, Roberto, Samper and similar.
Not ready yet to be a starter in Barca/Real, but good enough to be a 3rd choice Cm, with a potential for a lot of improvement in the future (he is 23. Modric came to Real aged 27).
On the other hand, a level of a possible improvement in our sub midfielders is extremely questionable.

When Sergi Roberto is currently a midfielder with the highest potential to improve, you know then that your team is in huge problems.

PhilS

On the other hand, a level of a possible improvement in our sub midfielders is extremely questionable.

When Sergi Roberto is currently a midfielder with the highest potential to improve, you know then that your team is in huge problems.[/QUOTE]

RM being able to bring in the likes of Kov and Isco as midfield alternates is certainly something Barca does not have. I do think S. Roberto will improve, but I expect Alena to improve the most and fastest. He is the one who could be the future starter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He looks like he adapted and I am hoping he doesn't take another step up.

Having said that, our own kids in midfield didn't look too shabby either.

El Flaco

On the other hand, if Kova becomes a legit WC player & take over Modrić's mantel, then he could be a valuable asset for Croatia NT.

Given to the future, I think it's the best interest for you guys if Kova take another step up.

hamidyk

[tw]893475825252573185[/tw]
Appearantly his release clause set at 50M€ . We should try to sign him .

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It'd be hilarious.

Offer him a starting spot and do what Florentino dreamt about doing to us with Neymar :lol:

40m for Paulinho? No fuck this, just convince him for 50m lol

Home of Barca Fans