Mateo Kovačić

Raketa10

His buyout is 50M Euro right? Worth a shot?

No. Unfortunately I doubt he'll ever live up to his potential. He has an enormous talent but his head and his tactical awareness are far from perfect. I am not sure if he is just a choker or is there some other problem but unfortunately he delivers very rarely and he tends to disappear in large parts of the game.

BBZ8800

No. Unfortunately I doubt he'll ever live up to his potential. He has an enormous talent but his head and his tactical awareness are far from perfect. I am not sure if he is just a choker or is there some other problem but unfortunately he delivers very rarely and he tends to disappear in large parts of the game.

I agree.
He has talent, but not enough of bravery and determination.
He has an ability to take the ball 20 times per match and do something useful.
But he will do it only 2 times and others 18 times he will chose a backpass or an alibi instead of taking some risk.

Modric and even Rakitic are "leaders" midfielders at a Croatian Nt. Kovacic is just a supporting player.
Imo, Thiago has some of these "supporting midfielder" mental traits which I don't like about Kovacic.

Without Xavi and Iniesta, Barca needs a new midfield leader.
Thiago and Kovacic aren't those guys.

Kovacic is currently a good squad player.
MAYBE in the future he will overcome those mental flaws.
For now he is mentally not a leader or a starter material.
He is not taking enough of responsibility on his shoulders, yet he has technical skills for it.

ronniecro

i'd buy him couple of years ago without thinking,now i'm not so sure,seems to me that madrids bench will be his peak

Morten

Its not easy to get a spot in this RM midfield, but now that Kovacic has said he wants to leave if he isnt guaranteed more minutes, i think its time to guarantee him more minutes in next season in order for him to stay. Modric, for all his brilliance, is getting old and could use a rest every now and then, Casemiro doesnt need to start every game either, i hope we make room for Kovacic next season(if he stays), as he is a very good player.

beck123

Banned
Its not easy to get a spot in this RM midfield, but now that Kovacic has said he wants to leave if he isnt guaranteed more minutes, i think its time to guarantee him more minutes in next season in order for him to stay. Modric, for all his brilliance, is getting old and could use a rest every now and then, Casemiro doesnt need to start every game either, i hope we make room for Kovacic next season(if he stays), as he is a very good player.

Modric is still the best midfielder in the world by a big margin.

Kovacic can play when Modric need rest and he can play Casemiro's role too.

Zidane prefered him over Casemiro when they played vs Bayern.

Next season he can play easily +20 matches.

serghei

I'd take him for 50m. right now. He needs some time to develop into a starter, but has a legit shot at making it far. He needs to play a lot of games next 2 seasons because he's approaching his physical peak at 25-26. He should move from Madrid.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is not there yet. We are gambling with Arthur already and have Alena waiting.

If another midfielder is coming he'd have to be instant improvement over what we have.

Home of Barca Fans