Mateo Kovačić

JerseyAddict

The guy is getting slaughtered for doing exactly what Zidane told him to... I feel sorry for him in a way...

to agree with you I will ad on that he should not even be left alone with Rakitić and Messi in 40m circle.

Where the F were the rest of them. This is tipical "hang Pedro" situation.

He had zto make a choice... He blow it. But the choice was let Raki go or let Messi get the ball on counter.

Not a good decision to make at the start of it.

mehdimike

to agree with you I will ad on that he should not even be left alone with Rakitić and Messi in 40m circle.

Where the F were the rest of them. This is tipical "hang Pedro" situation.

He had zto make a choice... He blow it. But the choice was let Raki go or let Messi get the ball on counter.

Not a good decision to make at the start of it.

Exactly!He couldn't let messi have the ball.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He should have went for foul but he doesn't have instincts of a defender and never should have been put in that position. People rightfully blame Zidane.

JerseyAddict

He should have went for foul but he doesn't have instincts of a defender and never should have been put in that position. People rightfully blame Zidane.

Agreed. Foul was smartest thing to do. He made bad decisions for sure. That is true. But he was left cut in the open. Serves him well. Ftom mpoview he can do it every week. Just not in Russia :)

Morten

Vallejo or Casemiro will have to play cb the first leg, if its the latter, i hope he gets the dm position, he has done very well whenever he got the chance.
Even if Vallejo pplays, Kovacic should be considered ahead of Casemiro anyways, i think.'
Kovacic has shown he can put in a shift in that position, and he is better on the ball than Casemiro, considerably.

El Gato

Villarato!
Worried for his future. Doesn’t seem like he will get a start at this WC if current lineup keeps its form and fitness. Bilić said on ITV that he spoke with him and he said he will consider leaving more seriously since it’s about time he got some serious minutes. Lope better have a good plan for rotating Luka and Kroos. Kicking Casemiro out of there and going into a flat 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 would be easier, but isn’t ideal for many reasons.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The upcoming season will be his fourth in Madrid and he still won't be a starter. He could have become a world beater by now with his talent in another team. Can still have a great career in Madrid if things go well for him but I think he wasted the last three years.

JamDav1982

The upcoming season will be his fourth in Madrid and he still won't be a starter. He could have become a world beater by now with his talent in another team. Can still have a great career in Madrid if things go well for him but I think he wasted the last three years.

He isnt even close to being the level Real will look for in a starter.

El Gato

Villarato!
Huh?
Nothing to do with his level. He had double the amount of minutes in 16/17 than the season after. Everyone's minutes took a knock. Plus he was injured on and off a lot early on. Whenever trusted, he belonged. He's better utilised in a flat tactic where all midfielders need to track up and down the pitch.

There'll be a worry of keeping him happy with a rotation role at 24 so makes sense for him to put in an ultimatum "either you play me as much as Luka or I gotta go".

JamDav1982

Huh?
Nothing to do with his level. He had double the amount of minutes in 16/17 than the season after. Everyone's minutes took a knock. Plus he was injured on and off a lot early on. Whenever trusted, he belonged. He's better utilised in a flat tactic where all midfielders need to track up and down the pitch.

There'll be a worry of keeping him happy with a rotation role at 24 so makes sense for him to put in an ultimatum "either you play me as much as Luka or I gotta go".

He is not Real first team/starter level. Squad player decent enough but never more than that.

Wont go on to be a top player at any of the bigger clubs in my opinion.

Can see how it pans out.

Home of Barca Fans