Copa Libertadores

Pepe Silvia

La U with the away goal. Kind of a fluke deflection but they played a much better 2nd half than Libertad so they deserved it.

Libertad didn't do enough to close out the game in the extremely one-sided and dominant 1st half they had going. Nunez was abusing La U down that left wing. Just abusing...

Anyway, good to La U for hanging in their down the stretch and getting the away goal.

Pepe Silvia

It's like they conceded the ball in the middle of their pitch to La U, which only led to them gaining confidence in the 2nd. It was completely novice level. Then they tried to gain back control of the game but by that time, La U had their second wind back so it was futile. La U put the pressure on them accordingly following that disaster, so good on them. I think you're right, they should progress now. No reason for them not to. They'll have a lot more confidence on defending Nunez and Caceres at home versus in a nervy start in Paraguay.

Pepe Silvia

Vasco vs Corinthians was a borefest due to Corinthians defensive game plan. It was obvious they were to remain tight on defense and exploit the Vasco back line on counters. Someone failed to mention to them though, that Vasco has a pretty good defense, and the one or two clear chances for Corinthians were pathetically given away (one was a pass from Corinthians forward directly to the keeper :lol:).

Corinthians were shameful, just terrible.

Vasco deserved at least one goal, and that one supposed "offside" goal by Alecsandro looked onside to me. Anyway, I hope Vasco tears them up, they deserve to go through. I was going to mention these two teams tend to tie a lot according to their last 6 meetings but didn't want to jinx it. So much for that theory.

Blue Demon

Velez controled Santos pretty much all game. Santos felt like they were off. Kudos to Boca for a good game.

Riquelme still amazes me.

Next games are going to be interesting since they're in Brasil.

F

Flavia

Santos - velez is boring... Velez will go thru, santos is really bad today. I don't get why ganso is playing, he's going to have a knee surgery tomorrow.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Peruzzi did a stupendous job on Neymar.

tho that dribble he went on before clipping the ball to Rentaria was just stupefying.

Santos relied too much on Ganso to find a godpass. they gave him the ball and then spread out like it's a spread formation in the NFL. people needed to come to the ball more, mix up the length of passes instead of relying on Ganso's brilliance.

and for all of their defensive nonsense, Velez have put together a couple of tasty moves on the break. with a bit more balls they could have probably knicked this; Santos' defending is pretty disorganised as they're throwing so many bodies forward.

also Arouca's new name should be "YES, THAT WAS A GREAT TACKLE!"

Home of Barca Fans