Copa Libertadores

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
La U :worthy:

Missed following this weeks matches too closely, will analyse the groups again when I have motivation.

So the Mexican teams ain't cutting it
Are they? (not surprised)

Cruz Azul should qualify for the next round with no problem, but it's looking likely they will get 2nd. Chivas are a mess.

Pepe Silvia

Chivas a mess :wub:

Not that América is holding on to top brackets in league much better... pero... América y Ya!

Last edited:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Just saw the replay of that guy pretending to get hit on the face vs chivas and a red card for the chivas player to top it all of, worse than Busquets! lololol

Pepe Silvia

Everywhere around here (SoCal) it's Chivas this and Chivas that. When picking a team and watching a player like Cabanas week in week out in FMF back in the day, it was a no brainer for me. Estadio Azteca so rich in history and tradition (it's massive too). And the yellow/blue color combo :worthy:

My second team in FMF (for sentimentals is Pumas.) Way way WAY down the rung is Tijuana Xolos and then Cruz Azul... :lol:

"That's why I be like fxck Hector man..."

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Everywhere around here (SoCal) it's Chivas this and Chivas that. When picking a team and watching a player like Cabanas week in week out in FMF back in the day, it was a no brainer for me. Estadio Azteca so rich in history and tradition (it's massive too). And the yellow/blue color combo :worthy:

My second team in FMF (for sentimentals is Pumas.) Way way WAY down the rung is Tijuana Xolos and then Cruz Azul... :lol:

"That's why I be like fxck Hector man..."

Why are Chivas so popular among chicano communities? Marketing? Or is it just because most are from outside of Mexico City and the Chivas-America rivalry has something of a big city, big money vs everyone else vibe? I know Chivas is easily the most well known of the Mexcian teams in the US, but since I'm not from a place with much Mexican influence (Mexicans are a small and marginalized portion of the Hispanic population in NY, which sucks for food), I don't really know the details.

I like Cruz Azul for a mix of the them usually playing sexy football, a good record in South American tournaments, friends from Mexico City all seem to support either them or UNAM, and because they usually have at least one Argentine player at all times. :D

Blue Demon

I have a lot of respeto for for the teams from el D.F.; especially America. Who I'd back before any team from Guadalajara.

Though my team is Monterrey, I have to tip my sombrero to Estadio Azteca and America. A lot of tradition there.

BTW, Monterrey plays America next in the clausura tomorrow.

Blue Demon

Why are Chivas so popular among chicano communities? Marketing? Or is it just because most are from outside of Mexico City and the Chivas-America rivalry has something of a big city, big money vs everyone else vibe? I know Chivas is easily the most well known of the Mexcian teams in the US, but since I'm not from a place with much Mexican influence (Mexicans are a small and marginalized portion of the Hispanic population in NY, which sucks for food), I don't really know the details.

I like Cruz Azul for a mix of the them usually playing sexy football, a good record in South American tournaments, friends from Mexico City all seem to support either them or UNAM, and because they usually have at least one Argentine player at all times. :D

Every Chivas fan I have spoken to who is does not have a tie to the state of Guadalajara says a main factor is that they stick mainly to Mexican-born players. No foreigners play there. Mix nationalism with marketing and tradition and you get a very popular team, especially here in the states. Vergara, the owner, has also taken them to new heights, I think they've gotten more popular since he has taken over.

Home of Barca Fans