Are Refs to Blame for Barca 2nd Place in LLiga?

Are Refs to Blame for Barca 2nd Place in LLiga?

• Yes

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 57.1%

• Total voters

Pepe Silvia

This is a serious question. I see A LOT (more than usual) replies on the topic of refs favoring opponents and being against us. I'm not sure I've ever agreed with that, but I'd like to hear your logic and reasoning behind this (if you feel the answer is yes of course).

Chainsaw

Killahead
No. Barca only has themselves to blame for where they are now. If they were not going to lose silly points left and right throughout the season, Real Madrid could get all the helps in the world from the refrees and yet it didn't matter much.

F

Frejsgodes

No. There have been some incidents, such as the disallowed goal away against Getafe and some penalties that should have been awarded, but it's largely our own fault. Villa's mistake away against Sociedad, Messi missing penalty against Sevilla to name a few situations. But in general, we just haven't been focused and sharp enough, especially in away matches, and thus we have dropped too many points.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Dont go Pep on me, you all want to vote that the ref screwed us big time. I voted Yes!

UberNjufer

definetly YES.Valencia-real penalty not given at 3-2,with getafe the same at 1-0,mallorca goal disallowed for 2-0, only that is 7 points

D

danumber10

No one can arguen this. Penalty not given to getafe against Madrid ( -2 points for madrid). Goal disallowed to Messi against getafe (+1 point). 2 penalties not given to Barca against Valencia (+2 points). Penalty not given to Valencia against Madrid (-2 points). Game madrid vs mallorca when the game was 1-0 for Mallorca they had a one on one that the reff called offside, it would have been 2-0. Let's suppose madrid tied the game. it would still be -2 points. Penalty not given To Barca against Espanyol ( +2 points) So far these are the games I can remember I'm sure there is more. So -6 points for madrid . And +5 points for barca. Do the math. take 6 points away from madrid and give barca 5 points and this is what the table would look like. 49 points for madrid and 53 points for Barca.

Barca 53 points
Madrid 49 points.

madrid = cheating thieves.

D

danumber10

No. Barca only has themselves to blame for where they are now. If they were not going to lose silly points left and right throughout the season, Real Madrid could get all the helps in the world from the refrees and yet it didn't matter much.
No one can arguen this. Penalty not given to getafe against Madrid ( -2 points for madrid). Goal disallowed to Messi against getafe (+1 point). 2 penalties not given to Barca against Valencia (+2 points). Penalty not given to Valencia against Madrid (-2 points). Game madrid vs mallorca when the game was 1-0 for Mallorca they had a one on one that the reff called offside, it would have been 2-0. Let's suppose madrid tied the game. it would still be -2 points. Penalty not given To Barca against Espanyol ( +2 points) So far these are the games I can remember I'm sure there is more. So -6 points for madrid . And +5 points for barca. Do the math. take 6 points away from madrid and give barca 5 points and this is what the table would look like. 49 points for madrid and 53 points for Barca.

Barca 53 points
Madrid 49 points.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
No, we're in second place because of complacency... The refs might have involuntarily contributed somehow, but the "fault" lies with the performance of the team

F

Flavia

Rm have been helped a lot, and Barça have not. It's blatant. Barça dropped silly points by playing badly, but with decents refs the gap would be smaller. It ends up being that Barça can't fail one bit, so rm and all the favouring doesn't count, but that can't always happen. That kinda gets to you sometimes. If it was only some mistakes by some refs... but if you keep score it is too much help, and it really can't be denied .

X

xaviniesta

i\m sure that the refs fucked us in the previous years as well, the only difference is that we got the result then no matter what, unlike now.

you just don't blame the refs when you are winning right ?

Last edited:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Some poor decisions, but also injuries, certain players performing to lower standards than in the previous three seasons, RM improving where we have declined in putting away the weaker sides and - most importantly - Cesc Fabregas.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Y'all are starting to sound like Mourinho.

Some poor decisions, but also injuries, certain players performing to lower standards than in the previous three seasons, RM improving where we have declined in putting away the weaker sides and - most importantly - Cesc Fabregas.

This.

Well also Pep, who has constantly underestimated the opposition.

D

danumber10

Y'all are starting to sound like Mourinho.

This.

Well also Pep, who has constantly underestimated the opposition.

Barca 53 points
Madrid 49 points.

After reading this you still think is our fault? come on

xavi_the_Boss

I don´t think we should blame the refs for the 7 Point gap.Its our fault that that we lost points against Espanyol,Real Sociedad,Villarreal.Some people on here sound like Real Madrid fans after a classico.

Home of Barca Fans