James Rodriguez

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Name: James Rodríguez
Born: 12 July 1991

Colombian international playing for Porto.

8 goals in 12 games in the League so far.

35661_ori_james_rodriguez.jpg

He has a big future... Let's hope Barcelona don't go after him.

Hopefully he'll leave Porto in a season or 2.......

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
As with every other colombian football player, I doubt he would make it in a top club, mid table in a top league would be his ceiling, but he's still young and could improve under an experienced coach... His breaking point will be his mentality, because the pressure here is immense as he's been marked to be our "saviour" like many others before, despite only playing a handful of games for the NT... He also needs to bulk up a little, and pay attention to his decision making (see Messi's goal when James lost a stupid ball in midfield)...

As far as Barcelona going after him, I doubt it too, there are some prospects in the youth ranks that could be a better fit for us, unless he somehow explodes unexpectedly...

Paganinisrvnge

Played very well against Brazil and has been great for Porto this year. Definitely a key part of Colombia's current success.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Yeah, this kid is real good. Him and Jackson Martinez have both been playing really well for Porto and are both teammates for Los Cafeteros too.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Now columbians are also using english names like the Brazilians? James??

The funny thing is that his name is pronounced in spanish, so it's not: Jayms but more la Ha-mess, hahahaha...

Alik said:
How times change.

Hmmm, he's not in a top league or top team yet... And Falcao is in a mid table team in a top league (I must admit he has taken Atlético to new heights, but there's still a lot of season ahead), so I don't see how that's changed...

Granted the guy has improved vastly in the last year, and has taken the lead both in Porto and NT, which is a good thing...

Alik

The funny thing is that his name is pronounced in spanish, so it's not: Jayms but more la Ha-mess, hahahaha...

Hmmm, he's not in a top league or top team yet... And Falcao is in a mid table team in a top league (I must admit he has taken Atlético to new heights, but there's still a lot of season ahead), so I don't see how that's changed...

Granted the guy has improved vastly in the last year, and has taken the lead both in Porto and NT, which is a good thing...
You don't see Falcao in a top side of the Premier League next season?

James will stay in Porto for a bit, after that I'm not sure.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You don't see Falcao in a top side of the Premier League next season?

James will stay in Porto for a bit, after that I'm not sure.

I sure hope both of them make it big, and yes, Falcao will probably end up in a top EPL team next season, but will he be successful? He sure has all the qualities and determination, but we are talking about the future, so it still remains to be seen...

My main point is that colombian players seem to settle with moderate success due to the way they are brought up as players, both Falcao and James have an advantage though, because they shaped themselves as football players outside the country at an early age...

Probably, I would agree more with "times will change" than with "times have changed"...

Meitux

Manchester United winger target James Rodriguez is being linked with a move to Barcelona.

Portuguese publications Record and A Bola claim that the Catalan giants have been impressed by the FC Porto star, who has been dubbed ‘the new Cristiano Ronaldo’ by certain sections of the British media.

Scouts from the Nou Camp have been in attendance on a regular basis at the Estadio do Dragao this season, watching striker Jackson Martinez as well as his Colombian teammate Rodriguez, according to the report.

hmm... i would bet there are not many chances martinez or james to come in but who knows?

Home of Barca Fans