La Liga or Champions League + Copa Del Rey

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Clearly La Liga b/c its a display of consistency while CL victory can be a result of single games being decided by injuries, daily form and *cough* ref decisions.

X

xaviniesta

scaled.php

KAP-20120206_54250409314_53379995865_600_200.jpg

“Do not despair.. although everything looks white now, it will all melt down in a couple of months”

dalitis8

Banned
Clearly La Liga b/c its a display of consistency while CL victory can be a result of single games being decided by injuries, daily form and *cough* ref decisions.

I am not attacking you personally in any way, but I see this pattern of theorizing all the time in here, and I genuinely believe that it is a highly flawed one.

So, let me get this straight. The triumphs of Real Madrid, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, AC Milan as well as ours in the European Cup, are just monuments to good fortune with injuries, daily form and *cough* ref decisions?

To be certain, there is an element of truth in the above. But the key concept here is: only an element of truth, just a part of it

For all those who ascribe to the notion of: League title > European Cup, a massive part of the story remains totally elusive. A league, as reliable as it may be in reflecting overall quality (this notion is again problematic, but more on that later) is by definition, only a claim that you are the best in one particular country. It is a claim in particularity, a claim that can be multiplied by around 50 other particularities all over the European continent.

And this is exactly where the European Cup comes into play. All national (particular) champions can claim if they so wish that they are the best in Europe, because their league is the best and so on and so on. It is only the acid test of the European Cup that can do away with the arbitrary claims of each and every particular national champion, and provide a good answer (even if imperfect) as to who exactly is the best in Europe.

The fact that all the major clubs have won many times more league titles than they have European Cups should also be instructive.

Doobs

The Messiah
People thinking Liga>CL, look at like this..

As a non - Barca fan, only a few would remember us winning the League, EVERYONE will remember us winning CL back to back.

Home of Barca Fans