Missed penalties, 2011-2012

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Figured it would be worthwhile to keep tabs on how often the club is denied penalties in an age where opponents are now benefitting from the assistance of the whistle

Might be wrong but my count is at 6 for criminally unmarked Barça pks so far this season (2 in Valencia, 1 in Oviedo against Gijón
, Pedro's against Asspanyol, another against Santander at the Camp Nou and Iniesta's against Betis) in the Primera Liga

Last edited:

Maria

You forgot about the one against Espanyol... But I guess it's eassier to see Messi's handball than that one.

dalitis8

Banned
[youtube]kX_vuAk3ZhY[/youtube]

Although there is contact against Iniesta from the Betis defender there, it is not enough to warrant a penalty. The yellow card was excessive on the other hand.

For me, that is not a penalty.

But I can recall two stonewall penalties not given this season. One against Valencia (which was also a second yellow) and one against Gijon.

The Asspanyol case is difficult for me. Even though the ball touches the arms of the Asspanyol defender, I am of the impression that there was no intention of doing so from the defender. The shot was totally misplaced by Pedro, and was also close range that the defender could not have anticipated it. For my money, that call would have been controversial no matter what. If it was against Madrid, it would have been given 100%

ammarfcb

ze special one
Although there is contact against Iniesta from the Betis defender there, it is not enough to warrant a penalty. The yellow card was excessive on the other hand.

For me, that is not a penalty.

But I can recall two stonewall penalties not given this season. One against Valencia (which was also a second yellow) and one against Gijon.

The Asspanyol case is difficult for me. Even though the ball touches the arms of the Asspanyol defender, I am of the impression that there was no intention of doing so from the defender. The shot was totally misplaced by Pedro, and was also close range that the defender could not have anticipated it. For my money, that call would have been controversial no matter what. If it was against Madrid, it would have been given 100%

but the rules are clear. if there's contact it's a penalty if its not then the player gets a yellow for dive. there's no grey line about it. i think it was a straight up penalty. it's what i like to call a skill foul.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
13 months, zero penalties awarded to the undisputed world's best player...Same time period, Di Maria with 4, CR with 3

Interesting Clasico factoid, as well...In 108 matches between the two clubs, Barça have been awarded a pk 5 times...The capital club?...22 :angry:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Throw yet another pk that wasn't called against RM, this time Pepe against Getafe...Business as usual for the capital club

dalitis8

Banned
13 months, zero penalties awarded to the undisputed world's best player...Same time period, Di Maria with 4, CR with 3

Interesting Clasico factoid, as well...In 108 matches between the two clubs, Barça have been awarded a pk 5 times...The capital club?...22 :angry:

asi, asi, asi gana madrid

Home of Barca Fans