Andrei Arshavin

TiTi

Well edit the thread name please cuz i thought we found another talented player like Arshavin.....Joke.

He was brilliant last night ... and i never seen goal.com giving someone a 10.

IraqiCulé

Yeah the whole Barca hierarchy just went DOH! Can't believe we got Hleb over him.

However, I'm glad he's flourishing at Arsenal because he wouldn't get playing time at Barca. A player of his caliber deserves to play football week in, week out.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ok, arshavin and all. pretty cool.

But what was the defense of Liverpool thinking? Mascherano? The third goal? I mean, it's as easy as against Valladolid to make four goals then.

Goal 2 and 4 were very nice though.

alexjanosik

The Game
Such a shame that such a supremely gifted player took so long to get noticed.
I hadnt heard of him before I saw him with Zenit in the Uefa Cup last year.

S

Snyde

Almost no one had. Might have been a late bloomer. Still might have a few good years in him.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Scoring 4 goals at Anfield is pretty impressive if you ask me. He killed Liverpool's title dreams.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He isn't as good as people make him out to be. If he was 25/26 before people outside Russia had heard of him he can't be as good as some make out to be. I'll get criticized for that but it's my opinion and it is the truth. Who actually cares about goal.com ?

barca7788

Nepali Cule
no one cares about goal.com but what he did at anfield needs standing ovation..and dont forget about the uefa cup run and euro 2008

B

beautifulgame

Viva I refute your statement. Arshavin is a very technically and physically gifted player. His vision and precsion are amazing. And as far as your theory that "if a player was really a good player he would be noticed by the time he's 25." That really doesn't carry any weight. Just because the general public didn't know about his ability then doesn't mean it didn't exist. Furthermore what is to say he just didn't need some time and experience to gain the confidence to play his football at it's full capacity at the highest level. We're now in the age of many players are peaking in their early 20's and getting worldwide recognition by the time they leave their teenage years. Many people forget that a peak age for a player has been 26-29 for much longer before that.

Home of Barca Fans