Phil Jones

zanela

In every aspect (including not being a racist and not being brazilian w/ stupid hair).

I don't think. In terms of heading and tackling Terry is better. And Luiz is better on the ball.

As for the other attributes you bring:

- what has nationality got to do here?

- He can't afford to 've Luiz's hair even if he wanted to, cause for a 19y.o he has scant hair and looks to be balding already.

- Whether racist or not we can't be sure, can we? His racial prejudices are probably hidden. He's only young and has a long career ahead of him, he could surprise us all in the future.

abual3bed1

Yeah his creativity, which United desperately need, is second only to the Barca stars.

I meant that him at CB .. any mistake = goal .. but at CM .. a mistake can be resolved by others .. that's why I said him at CM to save United's season :lol:

Last edited:

mrpool

This thread is just full of comedians, Jones is an outstanding prospect and as a youngster he will have his bad days and his good days, at his best he's a joy to watch and it saddens me we didn't sign him.

Yaotzin

Never ceases to amaze me how much the English can overrate their players. Unmitigated disaster at centre back, positionally at sea at right back, but hey, he runs around a lot in midfield and can run with the ball, so he must be the next Duncan Edwards.

Not to say he isn't talented - he's obviously good enough to play for a good team, but there are dozens more promising defenders and even more promising midfielders. Even at United, Smalling and Cleverly are much better than him.

In short, the English David Luiz.

mateopol

One of worst United players tonight. Should have been a pen for his blatant arm in 83 minute. Poor ball control, maybe only Ferdinand was worse than him.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
He's better than Vidic and Rio though. :S

Jones is better than every single Chelsea defender. Why do you think Chelsea are after shit Cahill? Because Terry is shit... and Luiz? LOL. shit.

Cahill's an average defender who wants 100k a week.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
One of worst United players tonight. Should have been a pen for his blatant arm in 83 minute. Poor ball control, maybe only Ferdinand was worse than him.

tbh it hit his leg and bounced up into his arm. you can't give a pen for that.

that said, he wasn't at his best. I think he could be like Rooney, in that playing his old-side will derail his form regardless of how good it is.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
tbh it hit his leg and bounced up into his arm. you can't give a pen for that.

that said, he wasn't at his best. I think he could be like Rooney, in that playing his old-side will derail his form regardless of how good it is.
imo it was a 50-50 call. it's not like if he would have given the penalty anybody could have complained.

HOWEVER

valencia should have gotten a penalty(if it was inside the box) or a freekick + yellow card for kolarov.

Home of Barca Fans