Trophies won by player

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As of Christmas 2011

1324735272313.jpg

Courtesy of Sport. I believe no translation is required.
They also counted trophies won with other clubs.

Galning

Abidal has 6 La Lligas as well, is that a mistake?
Edit: oh it's probably because he won the French league.

ammarfcb

ze special one
does anyone know who has the most trophies. i imagine maldini and giggs will be high up the list.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Xavi's about to turn 32, so that won't happen.

Messi and Piqué, however, are 24. so as long as we keep on being awesome, there's a very good chance they'll surpass Giggs.

Manuel Traquete

Xavi's about to turn 32, so that won't happen.

Messi and Piqué, however, are 24. so as long as we keep on being awesome, there's a very good chance they'll surpass Giggs.

Depends on his longevity really.

Imagine Xavi plays until 38, even if as a part player in his latter years (definitely seems possible since he shows no signs of fatigue). Is it that inconceivable that we win 13 trophies in 6/7 years?

But yeah, even if Xavi does it, he'll only hold the record temporarily until Messi makes it his :D

I think you ignored the possibility of Xavi remaining an important player even after Father Times catches up, much like Giggs still remains an important asset at United.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Depends on his longevity really.

Imagine Xavi plays until 38, even if as a part player in his latter years (definitely seems possible since he shows no signs of fatigue). Is it that inconceivable that we win 13 trophies in 6/7 years?

But yeah, even if Xavi does it, he'll only hold the record temporarily until Messi makes it his :D

I think you ignored the possibility of Xavi remaining an important player even after Father Times catches up, much like Giggs still remains an important asset at United.

totally agree. people talk about xavi like his 1 season away from retirement. with his style of play he is immortal on the pitch (37-39yr).

Manuel Traquete

totally agree. people talk about xavi like his 1 season away from retirement. with his style of play he is immortal on the pitch (37-39yr).

Indeed.

I'd honestly worry more about players like Iniesta or Cesc, weird as it may seem to believe. Even if Xavi is considerably older than both of them, he's frankly a lot fitter and less injury prone. Not only is Xavi a brilliant player, he also has unbelievable fitness. How many players in modern football history can boast that they are one of the very best players in the world months before turning 32? Especially with football becoming a more and more physical game...

If I didn't know it, I would never believe that Xavi was almost 32. He plays almost every week for both club and country, runs more than any other player on the pitch, and still looks fitter and fresher than his younger teammates/opponents. I can easily see him playing for quite a few more years, and at a very high level.

X

xaviniesta

you mean that he absolutely outruns evrybody in every game? in CL final he ran over 12 km, more than anybody, in WC10 he ran more than 80km , more than anybody else.
what do you mean by 'his style of play'?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans