Trophies won by player

ammarfcb

ze special one
you mean that he absolutely outruns evrybody in every game? in CL final he ran over 12 km, more than anybody, in WC10 he ran more than 80km , more than anybody else.
what do you mean by 'his style of play'?

xavi is always in the right place but he isn't one of those players that doesn't really need to storm up and down the pitch and use alot of power. he just uses the opponents power against them.

B

barcelonista

He covers the most ground. His game doesn't rely on pace, instant acceleration, direction changing at full speed and taking on defenders 1 on 1 like Iniesta or Messi though. Iniesta and Messi draw challenges like no other players. Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe, Coentrao: they all assault Messi and Iniesta. Not Xavi. Xavi plays in a deeper role on the pitch. It's his positioning, his passing and his footballing brain that he relies on. Not so much his physical attributes. Therefore I can see him playing until he's 37. Not 60 games a season but at least as a squad player. To show Thiago how it's done from time to time. :xavi:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I was about to reply to Xaviniesta about how Xavi doesn't run but barcelonista covered it perfectly

ammarfcb

ze special one
He covers the most ground. His game doesn't rely on pace, instant acceleration, direction changing at full speed and taking on defenders 1 on 1 like Iniesta or Messi though. Iniesta and Messi draw challenges like no other players. Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe, Coentrao: they all assault Messi and Iniesta. Not Xavi. Xavi plays in a deeper role on the pitch. It's his positioning, his passing and his footballing brain that he relies on. Not so much his physical attributes. Therefore I can see him playing until he's 37. Not 60 games a season but at least as a squad player. To show Thiago how it's done from time to time. :xavi:

yh agreed

defenders will try to hunt messi down. but no defender dares to approach xavi because you will be the one losing out no matter what. usually defenders try to just man mark him even when he has the ball.

2:22 to 2:31. u can see them just marking him to pressure him instead of actually doing what the defenders at 0:25 tries to do and attack at him

X

xaviniesta

you know that he has been playing with the same tendonitis problem for almost 2 years now. but he always never complains. one time in an interview i heard when he said that it hurts a lot him. how long can he take it? we all look xavi and wonder how easy he makes football, but it's not like that, even he has some problems.

barcelonista,

i have to agree with that mostly. he is more like a diesel vehicle, not a sports car. he runs a lot, covers a lot of ground but no major sprints, no acceleration. thats why he CAN keep up but the other issue is his injuries and he is not getting any younger.

anyway, i try to enhoy every his game and try not to thing like 6-7 years ahead of, especially with xavi :)

Home of Barca Fans