Sandro Rosell

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It`s official. Sandro Rosell said that he will run for president once Laporta`s term expires.
He also promised 3 world class signings for FC Barcelona. Wonder who he has in mind...

maz

I walk the line
oh wow!! World class signings?!!!! Brilliant. We need more stars..if there's anything this team lacks its some big names to fill all our gaps. God i love sandro. Laporta is pissing me off.

not.

Laporta has gone a long way in making it clear that we shuldnt have more than 2.5 stars in our squad. We dont need big names in every position. Im not looking forward to laporta leaving :(

Last edited:

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
And you shouldn`t. His friend Sorriano will probably run too. So after Laporta theres a good chance we`ll see another version of him

Zqa-

There is a potential Eto'o and Henry leaving in 2010, so two new additions, stars, wouldn't be that odd. I think I read somewhere, that Pato was a target for Rosell, that, I wouldn't mind.. But let's see what his plans are

roll

Tryin` to be hated
If Pato is his target then it is great. But I already don`t like him. Laporta was brilliant and to bad he can`t continue. We shouldn`t have more then 3 stars in team.
I thought that we will buy just right back(backup), left back(backup) and maybe a winger and this isn`t really what I wanted.

maz

I walk the line
There is a potential Eto'o and Henry leaving in 2010, so two new additions, stars, wouldn't be that odd. I think I read somewhere, that Pato was a target for Rosell, that, I wouldn't mind.. But let's see what his plans are
Yeah, but what im saying is sandro should realise lots of cules have moved on and realise unity in the team is more important than building a team of stars.

To be fair, the mentioning of the stars is just something bojan picked out, so its not as if his whole manifesto is based on that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but what im saying is sandro should realise lots of cules have moved on and realise unity in the team is more important than building a team of stars.

To be fair, the mentioning of the stars is just something bojan picked out, so its not as if his whole manifesto is based on that.

Yeah maz. The press took out the most interesting thing for them ("3 spectacular signings"). Same as you, I`m in the dark about about the rest of his plans. I do know however that Sandro supported Guardiola right from the beginning.
Rumors is, and I`m not sure if it`s true, Pep gets along with Rosell much better than with Laporta.

maz

I walk the line
There are probably lots of people pep gets along with that wouldnt be best candidates for presidency!!

Im skeptical about rosell. I dont think it was ever confirmed that the attempt to 'overthrow' laporta a few summers ago, and again recently, was masterminded by rosell, but its pretty much accepted that thats the case. And because of that ill always be very cautious of him. I hate that he tried to destabalise the club because he didnt like laporta.

Not to mention it makes rosell seem like a bitch and makes me think..would he have the personality and character to run one of the biggest clubs in the world? He clearly has an ego (he fell out with laporta and left the board)..but theres nothing worse than a bitch with an ego.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He clearly has an ego (he fell out with laporta and left the board)..but theres nothing worse than a bitch with an ego.

So.. Would you rate all the others as bitches with ego? Because, you know, almost 90% of the initial board left because they didn`t get on with Laporta. Txiki is pretty much the only high-profile executive that stayed.

maz

I walk the line
So.. Would you rate all the others as bitches with ego? Because, you know, almost 90% of the initial board left because they didn`t get on with Laporta. Txiki is pretty much the only high-profile executive that stayed.

He was one of his most outspoken critics and was vice president at the time. Perhaps the others were as outspoken, but the media focussed alot on what rosell had to say. Not to mention he critisised him in his book. Which other board members were on level with rosell in terms of voicing their criticism?

And 90% of the board did not leave. I dont know the figure but it was no way near 90%. It was rosell and some of rosell's supporters. About 5 or 6 members. And the board was made up of somewhere between 12 and 18 members. 90%??

Rosell tried to remove laporta on several occasions. He wanted to be in charge of the club, and wasnt willing to compromise with laporta when he was vice president. This is the same laporta that went on to bring us a second la liga title, the Champions league trophy, and Pep. Whether rosell was pro-Pep or not doesnt change the fact that laporta has been very important for the club. All the time rosell continued to try to destabalise laporta. A definite bitch move.

As for some of the board leaving ~6 months ago, in my opinion it was because they believed that laporta would not survive the vote-of-no-confidence, and thus resigned in order to form their own new board which would run for presidency and continue with laporta's legacy. As far as i know they didnt critisize laporta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Problem was. Elefant Blau group was formed as team and soon after Laporta acted like a boss. The whole point of Elefant blau movement was the call for more democracy in FC Barcelona during Nunez presidency.
It`s way different than what you have now with Real Madrid with Perez running the show all by himself. To put it mildly, 2003 board was a team but the team was too small for both people. And what we have now resembles very little to that Blue Elephant project. If anyone was egoistic it was/is Laporta. From the initial team that took power 6 years ago, how many are still here? 3, 4?

maz

I walk the line
Hey im not saying laporta isnt egotistical. I agree he is. But he has proven time and time again that he is a strong and respectable figure (barring the airport incident!!) that wants stability for the club. And he has delivered exactly that. Having someone with an ego has its positives..because it shows that they have strong character. U dont want a quiet wuss at the helm of such a big club.

Laporta was spokesman for elefant blau. I agree that he was not the leader in the sense that u have him running everything, and everyone else answered to him. But it was his name next to the words "President of FC Barcelona:".

From the initial team i dont know how many remain. But as far as im aware there wasnt a high profile departure after Rosell and before the departures several months ago (which i speculated were more about wanting to prepare themselves to run for elections as opposed to not being able to stand laporta's ego-trip). People move on, some lose interest, some want to pursue something similar but elsewhere. I dont think u can conclude much just by looking at the number of original elefant blau members that remain.

Home of Barca Fans