Sandro Rosell

KluivertsBoots

Sandro

Sandro got offended back then because Laporta held Cruyff's opinions on team building in higher esteem than his even though Cruyff isn't technically a board member. Sandro had very strong opinions of his own and Cruyff was the barrier blocking his influence of Laporta. Sandro, in turn, felt like a third wheel in the operation and that's ultimately why he stepped down. In Sandro's view, he could not work effectively with Laporta because of Cruyff.

Sandro is Catalan to the core and very cunning when it comes to doing business. He has outstanding Brazilian ties. However, I worry that he would allow his ego to get in the way of the actual civic duty of running the club. Laporta nearly fell victim to this, but in the back of his mind he has always understood what Barca stands for at its core. Sandro must also gain this understanding if he's to be an effective president. Cruyff would certainly be far less influential with Sandro leading the club although his ideals live through Guardiola and the overall DNA of the club.

mobster_1930

Sandro Rosell Project

We all now that Laporta is going to leave this summer and next president is likely going to be Sandro Rossel (man who "brought" ronnie and deco). Anyway, i have read something on elmundo and sport and from what i have seen, it is going to be something like this :

- Sir. Pep Guardila - in Sandros plans Guardiola is going to be long-term manager for Barca, just like Fergusson in ManU.
- No tehnical director - Pep is going to have full powers of signing players, so the job which Txixi is currently doing is going to be past.

Anyway, I think this is great idea. We all now how inteligent and above all passionate Pep is about Barca and this is going to be really good if it happens, ofcourse.
I hope that Laporta is going to leave with his head high. I know that some people don't like him, but we all know how he likes Barca, he is 100% cule. It was really a great time during his presidency, we had some ups and downs but he wanted Rijkaard in 2003/04 when Barca was in crisis and Guardiola last year when we all believed that everything fell apart.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=www.elmundodeportivo.es&sl=es&tl=en
http://sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=650876&idseccio_PK=803

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The presence of a manager capable of holding down the position in the long term negates the need for a sporting director in my opinion so I like this idea from Sandro. I assume there's going to be a lot more from Rosell besides this, the SPORT article also talks about him introducing a code of conduct for the club's directors and an "ethical reconversion" of the club, whatever the hell that means. The names of the other directors that would make up Rosell's board are very impressive.

S

Super Pippo

When Laporta leaves will the Camp Nou project by Norman Foster be cancelled by Rossell?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He has said before that he would scale it back but Laporta seems to be on a mission to make it impossible for the next president to cancel the plans.

S

Super Pippo

He has said before that he would scale it back but Laporta seems to be on a mission to make it impossible for the next president to cancel the plans.
Do you know what he would get rid of? I hope its not much, its a fantastic project, would make the Camp Nou the best stadium in Europe again, really the roof is essential, not sure about the increase of spaces.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Do you know what he would get rid of? I hope its not much, its a fantastic project, would make the Camp Nou the best stadium in Europe again, really the roof is essential, not sure about the increase of spaces.
Totally agree, I loved the look of the project and was frustrated to see it held back, but hopefully it still goes through.

Sandro Rosell seems to be the only candidate with a chance, but i'm not discouraged that that's the case. He seems like an intelligent man with beliefs, ambition and obviously has alot of friends in relevant places. If he can convince Guardiola to stay long term, then that's only a good thing.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
has he mentioned who will be doing the negotiating with other clubs in transfer dealings?

also, anything about the training/fitness staff?

spursandbarca

Sandro will do it himself. He has the contacts with other clubs boards and with agents. He is fluent in catalan,spanish,english and portguese as well.

Moix, mones, Bartlomeu, Ingla all former vice presidents. good board. experienced, can hit the ground running. more humility, a united board, Barca first not peoples political careers.

He has already said he would gut the palua blaugrana and build a new one.

this is going to be a landslide.

the man is spot on with everything I have heard so far. Hope to get to have lunch with him before christmas again as well. I am going to to campaign on his behalf and get as many socios in our penya to vote for him.
the foster project should be scaled back, we dont need to cripple ourselves financially either.

Pep gets on better with sandro than Laporta anyway. sandro wouldnt be going to collect a medal during the champions league final, pulling his trousers down in barrajas airport, or trying to use the club to further his political career.

jamrock

rosell is a power hungry mother sucker, who should not be allowed to be president.

the man for the job is Soriano, former barca V.P and the man responsible for getting the club where it is economically

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
rosell is a power hungry mother sucker, who should not be allowed to be president.

the man for the job is Soriano, former barca V.P and the man responsible for getting the club where it is economically

I concur...The fear I'd have with a Rosell character is a return to the shady days of backroom deals and chasing the almighty €

Home of Barca Fans