Sandro Rosell

MJ BarcaFan

So.. Would you rate all the others as bitches with ego? Because, you know, almost 90% of the initial board left because they didn`t get on with Laporta. Txiki is pretty much the only high-profile executive that stayed.

I'm with you on this Bojan, IMO Txiki is a Yes Man that's why he stick it out with Laporta. The problem with Rossell is, he is not a Catalan, is he? Though I want him to be the next president. How would he accomplish that knowing that Catalans have a "love their own" mindset?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and I think that's what happened to Laporta. Thank God 2010 is around the corner!

maz

I walk the line
We are playing the most attractive football, we are on course for the treble, we are on course for the second CL in laporta's 6 year reign, we our most famous catalan player as our manager, have cleared most of our debts, have produced 2 of the top 3 best players in the world (messi and iniesta), have a future catalan captain in the ranks (piqué), and are loved and respected by fans all over the world.

And you're saying laporta is corrupted? In that case give me a corrupted president any day of the week.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sandro Rosell linked with possible Fabregas move

rosellfabregas.jpg

Source: http://www.fcbarcelonanews.com/sandro-rosell-works-on-fabregas-deal/

Would be great to have Fabregas back in FC Barcelona. Not so sure about Rosell though, but who else is there? Guy with the suits? No thanx.

MJ BarcaFan

I saw this news in goal.com too.

Now, it's between Sandro and Marc Ingla if I am not mistaken. I hope the Catalans will vote wisely next year.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't think Marc Ingla will run, it will be Ferran Soriano.

I would become a member just to vote for him.

such is his level of awesome.

(I would add that this would all be contingent on him presenting a sensible plan for the club, but, this is ferran we're talking about. that's almost a given.)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol:

When I read your answer I thought I was in the music thread and I was like, wtf? I could have sworn I clicked on Sandro Rossell's thread.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
CA, give us an insight at both potential candidates

In all honesty I don't think they will be all that different as presidents but I get the impression that Soriano would be a lot more professional and far less of an egomaniac. Rossell is a very astute man and will give us an edge in many potential transfers but equally important is what kind of team he could bring with him because I think Soriano will present a "dream ticket" by running with Marc Ingla and many of the more high profile former board members who stood down during the moció de censura process. Certainly Soriano would start as favourite because he would be free of the controversial baggage that Rossell will bring to the party and whilst Sandro and the Laportista candidate exchange bitchy comments in the press I think Soriano & Co. will win the respect of the fans and become the outstanding choice. We still have 11 months or so till elections and it will be late this year if not early in 2010 before we start to see concrete plans from potential candidates. I look forward to it, it will be a chance to show off FC Barcelona at its democratic best, have a proper debate about the club's values and direction and show up madrid at the same time after the way Perez bought himself a coronation on the back of their club's democratic ambitions being shown up to be a sham. The turnout should be high given that Laporta and the current board have given the green light to internet voting.

Home of Barca Fans