Sandro Rosell

Zincubus

Banned
Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Now , how does our president resigning tonight affect us ?? Will the new guy go on a spending spree or what !!

JamDav1982

As I said before, I'm not advocating in favor of Laporta as he has his own baggage and I wouldn't like him back at the club... So yes, Laporta had some sketchy deals as well, but he was more astute at the moment of tackling them publicly, therefore reducing the noise around the club and keeping a relative state of peace...

That's not to say a president can do whatever he wants as long as he is not caught, just that it's part of their job to keep the socios, players and fans together/happy, and so far Rosell and co. have failed to do so...

Whatever way you look at it, despite record turnover the club were in records level of debt.

Did Rosell make the most of these figures to show he was going to reduce it? Yes he probably did but that is not really doing anything tom 'destroy the Laporta legacy'.

Sponsorship etc was needed and that was on the back of the debt accrued. Which Laporta was not totally at fault for as they needed to go into debt to help build the revenue.

Is that the only way you think he destroyed Laporta legacy by sponsors and reducing debt?

F

Flavia

Now , how does our president resigning tonight affect us ?? Will the new guy go on a spending spree or what !!

Nothing will change. Bartomeu is close friends with Rosell, and the latter will still be in charge, so to speak.

Galning

They can, with a vote of no confidence. I don't know if that will happen, though.

It all depends whether a suitable candidate speaks up or not. If a prominent figure, like Laporta just to name one, acts upon this and says he's interested in becoming Barcelona president as soon as possible I'm 100% certain there'd be a vote of no confidence. Until then, I really don't think so.

JamDav1982

It all depends whether a suitable candidate speaks up or not. If a prominent figure, like Laporta just to name one, acts upon this and says he's interested in becoming Barcelona president as soon as possible I'm 100% certain there'd be a vote of no confidence. Until then, I really don't think so.

Why do you think there is such support for Laporta though?

If there was would there not have been a Laporta man put in to oppose Rosell at the last elections?

He tried but individuals didn't seem to want to run associated with him as it reduced their chances.

JamDav1982

Casilla would be a brilliant No.2.

Smart transfer if they can pull it off and keep Pinto as a coach, if nothing else because Messi loves him so much.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will probably use the sporting decisions against him, The Pep issue, Cruyff issue. Kind of the same on how Rosell came in on the basis of being well.... A prominient figure and also using the Laporta era's mismanagement of the finances to get elected.

Antimadridista1

This board needs to change . Is there any way the socios can organize a vote next summer or is it impossible ?

Nevertheless, I really have no idea of who's the best to lead our club right now.
The only thing I know is that the image of our club isn't going to be good with all those stories (Messi's problem with justice, now Neymar/Rosell).
I just hope that it won't create a crisis in our football squad... I

Home of Barca Fans