Sandro Rosell

JamDav1982

I wrote "are supposed to be". And the accusations about the whole transfer saga were the trigger for this, fraudulent or not. The decision doesn't seem consistent.

Well 'supposed to be' isn't enough.

Are the board expected to resign every time an accusation is made.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The origin was actually Jordi Cases, a soci. He decided to press charges against Rosell in madrid, to have more visibility. But who knows if there's anything more behind this.
If in the end there's nothing wrong with Neymar's contract, that would actually be a boost to an eventual return of Rosell, in the 2016 elections.

I was referring more to the numbers being thrown around by the press, those came from El Mundo, but yeah who knows what else is behind this. I just think a little bit of patience and cooler heads should be the way to go here, at least until things start to unfold a bit more. Makes very little sense to build on the speculation, with yet more speculation.

F

Flavia

I was referring more to the numbers being thrown around by the press, those came from El Mundo, but yeah who knows what else is behind this. I just think a little bit of patience and cooler heads should be the way to go here, at least until things start to unfold a bit more. Makes very little sense to build on the speculation, with yet more speculation.

Ah, that Inda guy. Yeah, it's best to wait.

Henry_IB

Banned

One of the few well said things in this thread so far.

I won't deny the fact that this seems shady as fuck and Rosell is almost guaranteed to be guilty of something but to what extent is hard to tell. Better let time have its course than just spewing random "facts".

PhilS

Right. This is not the time to join with the Madridistas who are calling for the destruction of the entire management of FC Barca. For all we know, the real reason why Rosell resigned is because his wife demanded it. Saying that this entire board is crooked is slander. Absolutely nothing at all illegal has been proven. In the U.K., you talk slander, you have big legal problems, you pay big time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well 'supposed to be' isn't enough.

Are the board expected to resign every time an accusation is made.

The thing is that there's too many shadows cast over Rosell's administration and the Neymar deal seems like the last drop that filled the cup...

Sure, he could be proven innocent of all accusations but the doubt will remain... With Rosell it's not much about what things he's done but how he's done things; from Cruyff to Neymar, from Boixos to Abidal, from Tito's sickness to Messi's contract, from deals in Brazil to deals in Qatar, from children tickets to Camp Nou renovations, there has always been ineptitude in the way he and his board have handled situations despite the outcome and/or good intentions...

I wouldn't like Laporta to come back as he has his own baggage, but I can't say I'm not glad Rosell is out...

JamDav1982

The thing is that there's too many shadows cast over Rosell's administration and the Neymar deal seems like the last drop that filled the cup...

Sure, he could be proven innocent of all accusations but the doubt will remain... With Rosell it's not much about what things he's done but how he's done things; from Cruyff to Neymar, from Boixos to Abidal, from Tito's sickness to Messi's contract, from deals in Brazil to deals in Qatar, from children tickets to Camp Nou renovations, there has always been ineptitude in the way he and his board have handled situations despite the outcome and/or good intentions...

I wouldn't like Laporta to come back as he has his own baggage, but I can't say I'm not glad Rosell is out...

What should he have done with Cruyff?

Why the issue with Abidal? They gave him a contract when diagnosed with cancer and prompted Pep to say that's what makes Barcelona different from any other club. The only mistake they made is to say he would get a new contract when back to health. Do you think they should have offered him that even though the medical team did not believe him fit to play? Abidal has no resentment and thinks he was treated well and wants to return to the job they promised him is available.

What about Messis contract? It was a stupid comment from one member of the board and that is how both Messi and Rosell viewed it. With Messi going on to be clear he had no issues with the board and his father commenting on how much support they received from Rosell.

Titos sickness - they probably should have taken in someone to help but they always believed he would be better quicker than he was and don't forget the team did win the league by a record margin and then were defeated by Bayern without Messi/Masch and Busi fit and a lot of first team players underperforming miserably. Also on Titos illness - again they have acted with class and continued to pay his contract.

The Qatar deal - voted on by the members.

What deals in Brazil do you mean?

Children tickets was an insurance issue taken to the club and they had to resolve it.

What has been inept about the renovations?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What should he have done with Cruyff?

Why the issue with Abidal? They gave him a contract when diagnosed with cancer and prompted Pep to say that's what makes Barcelona different from any other club. The only mistake they made is to say he would get a new contract when back to health. Do you think they should have offered him that even though the medical team did not believe him fit to play? Abidal has no resentment and thinks he was treated well and wants to return to the job they promised him is available.

What about Messis contract? It was a stupid comment from one member of the board and that is how both Messi and Rosell viewed it. With Messi going on to be clear he had no issues with the board and his father commenting on how much support they received from Rosell.

Titos sickness - they probably should have taken in someone to help but they always believed he would be better quicker than he was and don't forget the team did win the league by a record margin and then were defeated by Bayern without Messi/Masch and Busi fit and a lot of first team players underperforming miserably. Also on Titos illness - again they have acted with class and continued to pay his contract.

The Qatar deal - voted on by the members.

What deals in Brazil do you mean?

Children tickets was an insurance issue taken to the club and they had to resolve it.

What has been inept about the renovations?

You are practically agreeing with me, look how you name a mistake (even if minor) in some of those issues... As I said, I'm not judging his decisions or the legality of them, I'm not a socio after all, but I'm down to criticize how he and his board dealt with such situations...

A board can't let so many of these things happen, especially since even the smallest Barca related issue will cause a worldwide shitstorm... And that's why I'm glad he's out, there's too many fuzz and noise around the club that shouldn't be happening...

Galning

Their needs to be an emphatic epitaph to mark the end of Rosell's reign. Their board started right from the off with a negative campaign to discredit all the wonderful success of the previous board which has to be regarded as the pinnacle of the club and degenerated with the departures of Pep, Abidal, Thiago and Valdes leaving a malignant stench around the club...nevermind the Qatar embarrassment...Happy days but happier when the rest of his board are ousted...Whomever leads the club will, however, need to return to the positive approach known throughout Laporta's tenure going forward

Yet with Bartomeu, Faus, Vilarrubi et al still there it remains a de facto Rosell regime...Bartomeu hopes to not just take over as President but to complete the term through 2016...There should be a vote of no confidence, regardless of the Neymar contract fallout...This board cannot continue

MIj6o.gif

JamDav1982

You are practically agreeing with me, look how you name a mistake (even if minor) in some of those issues... As I said, I'm not judging his decisions or the legality of them, I'm not a socio after all, but I'm down to criticize how he and his board dealt with such situations...

A board can't let so many of these things happen, especially since even the smallest Barca related issue will cause a worldwide shitstorm... And that's why I'm glad he's out, there's too many fuzz and noise around the club that shouldn't be happening...

They are minor mistakes though and the type every board will make.

I could name a much more damning list for Laporta, despite the fact his terms was very good for the club.

jamrock

today is the happy day for most barca fans around the world i am sure, rosell has rubbed us the wrong way from the word go, since he tried to undermine everything laporta did to the neymar deal and many stops in between.

a day like today was always coming you can't be a vindictive and petty as him and not get you comeuppance.

now for a new president to move the club forward, and by new I mean the GREAT JOAN LAPORTA.

JamDav1982

today is the happy day for most barca fans around the world i am sure, rosell has rubbed us the wrong way from the word go, since he tried to undermine everything laporta did to the neymar deal and many stops in between.

a day like today was always coming you can't be a vindictive and petty as him and not get you comeuppance.

now for a new president to move the club forward, and by new I mean the GREAT JOAN LAPORTA.

In what way did he try to destroy Laporta legacy while President?

Try and back these things up.

jamrock

lets see, he told a lie on the great Joan Laporta about the debts the club had, every major accounting standards sides with Laporta on this, read swissramble if you don't believe me. added a extra 100m to the real debts of the club through creative accounting, because that's the only thing he could really improve up on.

also forgetting that the great joan laporta tripled our revenues while president, something someone like perez gets loan of praise for, but the great joan laporta did it without a major kit sponsor,galacticos' and a shady land deal.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
They are minor mistakes though and the type every board will make.

I could name a much more damning list for Laporta, despite the fact his terms was very good for the club.

As I said before, I'm not advocating in favor of Laporta as he has his own baggage and I wouldn't like him back at the club... So yes, Laporta had some sketchy deals as well, but he was more astute at the moment of tackling them publicly, therefore reducing the noise around the club and keeping a relative state of peace...

That's not to say a president can do whatever he wants as long as he is not caught, just that it's part of their job to keep the socios, players and fans together/happy, and so far Rosell and co. have failed to do so...

Home of Barca Fans