Sandro Rosell

veryfatchocobo

It was Laporta who wanted Beckham you wally! JL failed and Rosell pulled strings to get Ronnie and the rest is history. Rosell has already said that he'll let Pep decide on transfers whilst he hasn't made any promises relating to who he may sign. Finally the fact that Sandro and Perez turn up at the same event does not mean that they're friends. Talk about adding 2+2 and getting 5!!!

Oh... I thought all this time Rosell wanted Beckham or Dinho, whoever would come to the club.... Yeah, 2+2=5 <_<

About the friends thing.... I guess you didn't read the full article. Then again, how would they know they're good friends....

Last edited:

spursandbarca

yeah I am sure sandro and perez arent the closest of friends.

had a chance to meet rosell again last week, regarding one of the potential projects that someone I know is working on with him.. Very very impressed with him. He is very friendly, spoke in english to us and has very good connections.

there 5 ex members of the barca board going to run with sandros mandate. that talks volumes for the respect he has and his knowledge

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
EXCLUSIVE: Sandro's project's motto:
Just do it.
Nike%28c%29.svg
'

On a serious not I don't like the idea of giving Pep absolute power to make transfers. More power is one thing, I wouldn't be against restructuring the sporting director's duties, but as much as I trust Pep I don't like the idea of having a manager focus more on their long term project than running the team. Attempts to give Wenger and Benitez SAF-like power have backfired IMO.

Oh... I thought all this time Rosell wanted Beckham or Dinho, whoever would come to the club.... Yeah, 2+2=5 <_<

About the friends thing.... I guess you didn't read the full article. Then again, how would they know they're good friends....
Beckham was Laporta's campaign promise, when that failed they turned to Rosell's Nike connections. Rosell has shown a willingness to put talent ahead of flash in the players connected to him, but I still don't trust the fact that they are all Nike men. I'm sure some links are just lazy journalism, but I've never heard Rosell linked with a player who isn't in major Nike ads.

Last edited:

spursandbarca

does alex ferguson need a sporting director??? No. neither does Pep. then maybe we will stop paying silly money for the likes of caceres,kerrison,

beef-supreme

I think having a sporting director is 100% fine, unlike manchester united where you've had Ferguson for so long, in Barca coach movement is much more likely, and it's not great to have new managers coming in all the time and buying up their own players - more so giving the club reason to spend money, what with new managers and their 'projects'. Instead a sporting director is a constant in the club hierarchy. However, the sporting director should not be allowed to monopolise dealings, it should always imo be down to the coach in terms of the last word. So if the director is pro-Keirrison and the coach is having none of it, it should be that way. UNLESS as is what happened, the player is instantly loaned out. HOWEVER, if the director is pro-caceres, and the coach is having none of it, then there should be no deal, unless caceres is to be sent on loan immediately. Plus it would help if the new director were NOT Txiki or anyone of his calibre. Good guy though :p
Also I think Cáceres is better than Chysus.

But I think that in time hopefully Chysus will prove himself. It's not a crime to be frustrated with him, we felt the same towards Piqué at the start. And look where that ended up! (for now.)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think having a sporting director is 100% fine, unlike manchester united where you've had Ferguson for so long, in Barca coach movement is much more likely, and it's not great to have new managers coming in all the time and buying up their own players - more so giving the club reason to spend money, what with new managers and their 'projects'. Instead a sporting director is a constant in the club hierarchy. However, the sporting director should not be allowed to monopolise dealings, it should always imo be down to the coach in terms of the last word. So if the director is pro-Keirrison and the coach is having none of it, it should be that way. UNLESS as is what happened, the player is instantly loaned out. HOWEVER, if the director is pro-caceres, and the coach is having none of it, then there should be no deal, unless caceres is to be sent on loan immediately. Plus it would help if the new director were NOT Txiki or anyone of his calibre. Good guy though :p
Also I think Cáceres is better than Chysus.

But I think that in time hopefully Chysus will prove himself. It's not a crime to be frustrated with him, we felt the same towards Piqué at the start. And look where that ended up! (for now.)

People just like to blame Txiki for everything. He's not great at his job but this is not a Carboni/Quique case where the manager and director are on different pages, he might not have the best judgement in who to buy but he and Pep are ex-team mates and he is mostly looking for what the manager is telling him to look for.

Chyga needs time before he's written off, definitely, but I'm also still not 100% sold on Pep's ability to evaluate talent he doesn't supervise.

beef-supreme

Yeah I suppose he is the scapegoat, but then he is in that position of blame for a good reason. Barca buy expensive, sell cheap, and they have even been conducting transfers belatedly. The letting the market inflate because of Madrid was an absolute shocker. So he's viewed as he is for good reasons. Nonetheless I would agree with you in saying that he's always the centre of negative attention, and sometimes unjustly. He's not the only one that influences these decisions and he has also made some good signings. Also I would completely agree with you about Pep, so Pep might well have misled him.

+1 on the chyg bit.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah I suppose he is the scapegoat, but then he is in that position of blame for a good reason. Barca buy expensive, sell cheap, and they have even been conducting transfers belatedly. The letting the market inflate because of Madrid was an absolute shocker. So he's viewed as he is for good reasons. Nonetheless I would agree with you in saying that he's always the centre of negative attention, and sometimes unjustly. He's not the only one that influences these decisions and he has also made some good signings. Also I would completely agree with you about Pep, so Pep might well have misled him.

+1 on the chyg bit.

While I don't think Txiki will ever get an award for good business, I blame the waste of money more on Laporta than anything else who most likely forced panic buys to top Madrid and silence his political rivals. Pep wanted to bring in youthful defense, Pique was a bargain and we unfortunately paid the market price for Caceres (who I still think has as much potential as chyg) who had multiple suitors - we were on the verge of buying Garay but disliked his wage demands and Madrid wanted Caceres but Villarreal was trying to get Negredo from them, but things worked out differently.

Keirrison I'm almost positive was bought as an attempt to use as leverage against Valencia as we were openly interested in Mata and both Davids, but they didn't take the bait sadly.

spursandbarca

if sandro was around the stupid deal we did for ibra wouldnt have happened. yes we might have signed Ibra but not on the terms Laputa agreed on.

Give chygrnsky a chance before we write him off. I saw shatkhar several times last season and thought he was class. I also saw pique for zaragoza and wasnt so impressed.

rosell por presidente

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I still have a horrible feeling about Rosell and distrust him but Laputa dug his own grave. I still think he did more good than harm but like Nunez he put his ego first. I'd perfer Soriano, but Rosell has been openly lusting for this job since he resigned, let's see him prove me wrong.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Unfortunately it appears that the board is on the verge of embarking on a smear campaign against Sandro. Xavier Sala i Martin declared yesterday that former vice president Gabriel Masfurroll had gained information from a Sandro Rosell lead webpage after Masfuroll claimed that the investigations into the VPs cost the club 360.000 compared to the 56.000 claimed by the board. However the webpage that Sala referred to (elpelikano.cat) belongs to the Asociació de la defensa dels drets del soci (association for the defence of members' rights) and is not in any way run but Sandro Rosell. The ADDS has a proud history of critiquing club activity and ensuring that no board distances itself from the people who elect them.

spursandbarca

just like giralts mocio de censura was blamed on rosell. i see that there is a reshuffle in the vice presidents again. these guys are all not experienced because 15 directors have resigned since Laputa became president.

rosell por presidente.

Home of Barca Fans