Sandro Rosell

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Rooney ? He can't play out wide and Ibra will always be the man through the middle. It would not be a worthwhile signing considering the money IMO.

Apart from when he played out wide the last 2-3 seasons to allow CR to do what he wanted, when he was awesome for Man U. He'd fit there just as well as Henry did, probably better.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
rooney would be amazing for us and would secure the fandom of all of england (like henke secured the fandom in scotland) if he came. but I seriously doubt there's any amount of money that is not completely insane that could prise him from united.

really sandro should just keep saying the following word over and over again if he wants to win the votes:

VILLA

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
rooney would be amazing for us and would secure the fandom of all of england (like henke secured the fandom in scotland) if he came. but I seriously doubt there's any amount of money that is not completely insane that could prise him from united.

really sandro should just keep saying the following word over and over again if he wants to win the votes:

VILLA

and then we're back to our formation problem.

the word should really be either Mata or Silva.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Rooney would be a good player for our LW. He has good technique for an Englishman and has a brilliant work rate.

Rooney and Villa however would be galactico signings. We don't need them. There are better alternatives such as Arshavin who would cost less and still offer us most thigs which Villa would.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yep. That's what he means by "villa would slot in perfectly on the left..."

When do the candidates present their manefestos?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i think villa could play the left easily as he always comes back for the ball in the mid while playing for valancia anyway so it would not be that big a difference for him

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
so was henry but when i see a lot of villa for spain he comes off from the left a lot with torres in the center

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh Villa moves around quite a lot, he has more ability than just goalscoring, meaning he'd be a great option for the LW role. He's a better all round footballer than Henry was when he came to us.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
no, Thierry was a winger converted to a striker. Villa is a striker. an out and out striker. I thought about:

----- Villa -------- Ibrah
----------- Messi

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
true but i still think villa could play from the left and move in and dominate for us. ibra will get the most assists ever if we got villa and messi coming in from the sides

Aasim

Bumbleman
Villa = €50m+
Henry = €24m

Henry has some experience playing as a winger didn't he? And the fact that it too him a year and a half to settle in shows he may not have been the right choice.

Villa has no experience as playing LW and at €50m+ he doesn't have anytime to settle into the system or position tbh.

Home of Barca Fans