Sandro Rosell

coura

Banned
No it's not. It is club policy that they only want players that want to be here, if a player wants to leave they will try to find a reasonable transfer for them. In the case of Messi there is no reasonable transfer, so it would only happen if someone paid the buyout clause.

I think it´s disrepectfull to players Like Xavi or Iniesta. Messi is the best but not the only player in Barcelona.

Stric

I agree. Messi is the best and everyone knows that, but separating him in such a way from other invaluable players and legends like Iniesta or Xavi (primarily) is in poor taste, especially coming from their club president.

Darko

No it's not. It is club policy that they only want players that want to be here, if a player wants to leave they will try to find a reasonable transfer for them. In the case of Messi there is no reasonable transfer, so it would only happen if someone paid the buyout clause.

So Iniesta can just walk out,right?
Rossels comments are stupid and disrespectful,he is just a clown in a suit.

oz187

So Iniesta can just walk out,right?
That's what president Sandro says, although it's not just walking out, obviously they'd look for a transfer fee that they'd accept.

Are there cases of a player wanting to leave Barca and the club refusing a transfer?

Garrus

In what kind of a bubble you're all living in :lol:
The fact he earn almost twice as much as the 2nd player on the salary ladder, Is enough of an indication he's above everyone else.
If everyone supposed to be equal, Then messi shouldn't have such a higher salary than the likes of xavi, Puyol and iniesta, who all have more appearances for our club than him, But guess what, Welcome to real life!.

Last edited:

Maria

Cruyff isn't officially involved with Barca for almost 20 years. I'd say it's time to get over it.

Not according to Bartomeu

Cruyff isn't officially involved with Barca since 06/07/2010, the single day(until Abidal left) when I was ashamed to be a cule. And just because you got over it it doesn't mean that some of us will manage to do the same.

Having said that, I don't like how Rosell goes about treating people at the club. Come to think of it, it's his worst trait as a president so far.

The man doesn't speak with Cruyff, Rijkaard and Guardiola, all the managers that have won us a CL. And I could live with this if he could at least do what he promised before he became a president. Or if he wouldn't be such a hypocrite. But when he said that Guardiola is a liar and someone that could be manipulated and that he would still vote him as Barca's president I understood that I could never again believe anything that this man would say. Anyway, you must me happy with him as long as he doesn't bathes in champagne and he pays the club's debts.

Last edited:

ryuken

Im counting the day till the Election, damn long, and i hope cules wont be blinded by this man again.

Xtroverto

I think it´s disrepectfull to players Like Xavi or Iniesta. Messi is the best but not the only player in Barcelona.

It is even worse, Sandro Rosell is constantly rubbing the whole team the wrong way every time he opens up his mouth. Let's say the club want to renew Messi's contract in 2016 and there are several other clubs lining up the checkbooks, in that situation Messi will remember what Sandro said about him 3 years earlier and it will impact negatively on the negotiations, meaning we risk losing him because the president is a douch.

It is no secret that several players are pissed of with how the club has handled several situations, Abidal, Guardiola, Cruyff and several downright stupid statements regarding players like Puyol, Valdes, Pinto and others. The constant insensitive filtering to the press by members of the board. News that should never leave the training ground or dressingroom end up in Sport, Mundo Deportivo, El Periodico and La Vanguardia.

I mean when I read from several sources and even hear it mentioned on the catalan radio that Iniesta was so pissed of with the way the club handled Valdes, that had he not been probably the most loyal player FC Barcelona has seen in the last 30 years, he would have left the club in a heartbeat. That is down right scary to hear.

Rosell's biggest problem is that he is a businessman that has no qualified advisor on the footballing matters, Laporta recognized his limits and listened to Cruyff from whom many of Laporta's most brilliant decisions as president originated. Like keeping Rijkaard agains every one else desire, or choosing Guardiola over Mourinho, these are decisions that someone that understand football has to take, Rosell might be a brillant businessman but he does not understand football.

Last edited:

Tomchin

Even monkeys would probably go with another man next time, especially if Laporta run for it
Not so sure about that, don't forget that Laporta's reputation isn't that good among the socis either (for the way he spended money of the club on private trips etc.)

Home of Barca Fans