Sandro Rosell

King Leo

Banned
Rosell took over a successful team and left Pep do his magic for the first year of presidency. Giving him credit for that is simply stupid. Rosell's touch is more evident now and honestly is not that great. Indeed he inherited a debt the he was successful in reducing but that came at a price.

1. Pep left when he could have been kept as Coach
2. Tito was given the chance because Rosell didn't want to spend on reconstruction under a new coach. Besides the system was working and he thought let's continue saving and see how far we go with this.
3. Cheeping out to reduce debt yet saving for Neymar has cost us dearly. I personally think the talented Neymar plan to fit in Neymar will not work
4. Rosell didn't keep Abidal when he could have been a champion for a good cause
5. We lost Thiago for cheap because Tito/Rosell messed up big time

I predict that Rosell Ironically will leave after a big scandal in two years from now. Mark my word!

Stric

it's like you are saying that CEO of a company has nothing to do with the company's performance! Sorry but that was most ridicules sentence I read for a while now! Of course the CEO, President, Chairman, leader..etc has EVERYTHING to do with any organization performance.

No, it's nothing alike. What are you even talking about? This is sport, not just any business. The person you're talking about is the coach, not the president. The president gets credit for whatever his part of the job is, and if Rosell has been doing well on the business part of the plan, then good for him, he should get credit for that, but managing the team and playing football has nothing to do with him. Lowering the debt or whatever he does is not much connected to what the team is doing out on the pitch. There's the business part and the sport part. Rosell is head of the business part, and the coach is head of the sport part.

psychotsek

No, it's nothing alike. What are you even talking about? This is sport, not just any business. The person you're talking about is the coach, not the president. The president gets credit for whatever his part of the job is, and if Rosell has been doing well on the business part of the plan, then good for him, he should get credit for that, but managing the team and playing football has nothing to do with him. Lowering the debt or whatever he does is not much connected to what the team is doing out on the pitch. There's the business part and the sport part. Rosell is head of the business part, and the coach is head of the sport part.

You are right but the president is the one who chooses the coach so..
As in every organization the person in charge is the one who is responsible cause he is the one who makes the decisions.

Barcilliant

Rosell had things going for him because of work done previously by Pep and Laporta but lets see what the current board do now. There is a certain element of bad luck with everything coming together 1)Sale of Thiago 2)Pep's unnecessary tirade 3)Tito leaving. However we will see what the board and the team are made of now. If the right decisions are made and the team is motivated we might have a successful season. If the wrong man is chosen things can go south VERY quickly. You cant blame Rosell for everything but he could have been more pro active and aware in certain matters.

I

instinct

Barcelona have today presented the financial results of the 2012-2013 season. The club announced a net profit of 32M.

Is this a good figure? I'm not familiar with our finances.

Last edited:

Maria

Rosell had things going for him because of work done previously by Pep and Laporta but lets see what the current board do now. There is a certain element of bad luck with everything coming together 1)Sale of Thiago 2)Pep's unnecessary tirade 3)Tito leaving. However we will see what the board and the team are made of now. If the right decisions are made and the team is motivated we might have a successful season. If the wrong man is chosen things can go south VERY quickly. You cant blame Rosell for everything but he could have been more pro active and aware in certain matters.

only one of those 3 things can be attributed to bad luck.

Maria

So Faus said that:
-the club only reduced its debt with 3M(and now is 331M) because Tito wanted Neymar a year earlier(it's a good thing that Bartomeu said that they didn't mind paying 17M extra just so they can have Neymar earlier)
-Thiago's sale it's bad from a sporting perspective, but very good financially and at least they got more than what RM got for Callejon and Albiol:)facepalm:)
-the club's revenue this season has been of 489M(90M more than in Laporta's last year)
-the wages were 305M, of which 270M were footballing wages(212M fixed salaries and 58M bonuses)
-out of those 58M in bonuses, 20M were for reaching 100 pts in the league(something that Xavi denied a few weeks ago in an interview)
-it doesn't matter how much they get for a player(Villa), the important thing is that they got rid of his salary(pitty that they didn't thought the same in 2008 when the club got 35M for Ronnie and Deco;then Laporta should have waited until 31 Aug to get more money for them)

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night
Yeah..he said that we got 25M for someone that isn't a starter and compared it with how much RM got for Albiol and Callejon.

dammit-dammit-o.gif

F

Flavia

So. Santos asked and got a letter explaining the 57m of Neymar's sale. Sort of... The link is in portuguese, and it's from a very reliable br pundit: http://blogdojuca.uol.com.br/2013/07/barcelona-esclarece-quanto-pagou-na-compra-de-neymar/

What it says(or doesnt) is that santos, dis and teisa got 17.1m, and the 40m was due to aditional payments from previous agreements, that added the 40m aditional cost. Lol.

I know many think the all of that money went to neymar, but the buzz around here is that santos (or someone from santos) might have gotten a piece of that 40m. To fool dis and teisa. And that some also might have gone to the agents that helped seal the deal. Point is I doubt rosell will come clean about it. And this is another hint of what might have "encouraged" odilio rodrigues to talk about pep.

Jadentheman

So it's somewhat shady, but as long as Santos didn't get shafted too much I am happy. I am no means a Santos fan, but I just didn't want to club to lose one of thier greatest assets for pennies like Thiago

Galning

So. Santos asked and got a letter explaining the 57m of Neymar's sale. Sort of... The link is in portuguese, and it's from a very reliable br pundit: http://blogdojuca.uol.com.br/2013/07/barcelona-esclarece-quanto-pagou-na-compra-de-neymar/

What it says(or doesnt) is that santos, dis and teisa got 17.1m, and the 40m was due to aditional payments from previous agreements, that added the 40m aditional cost. Lol.

I know many think the all of that money went to neymar, but the buzz around here is that santos (or someone from santos) might have gotten a piece of that 40m. To fool dis and teisa. And that some also might have gone to the agents that helped seal the deal. Point is I doubt rosell will come clean about it. And this is another hint of what might have "encouraged" odilio rodrigues to talk about pep.

:lol: That's what you get with those shady contracts. What comes around goes around.

Home of Barca Fans