What year do you think a La Liga team outside Barca and Real will win La Liga again

What year do you think a La Liga team outside Barca and Real Madrid will win La Liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guardian

the world will end in 21.12.2012 anyway, so what's the fuss

on a serious note, I'll get rich in 2015, and I will buy Levante and make them champs

in 2023 the aliens will invade Spain and will settle there. Their team will easily win La Liga, in spite of all protests for having three more legs than the humans

Guardian

You got it pretty much right. The main difference, however, is that in 1996 (when the first deals were made), clubs had several operators they could deal with. Now, for some reason I'm not fully aware of, all deals are made with one giant operator, who will obviously give more money to the biggest clubs.

And while it's true that those clubs were poorly managed, Barca and Madrid weren't exactly well-managed either. Catastrophic signings like Ibra for 70 million or Kaka for about the same price, among many others (Cacares, Chygrinsky, the endless list of Madrid flops) aren't exactly great management. We don't feel the repercussions because we are earning 150 million every year. If Valencia were earning that, they could get away with some bad management as well.

2014 is the year for the new deal, until then nothing will change. I'm afraid that, if Sevilla can't have their proposed deal passed, it will La Liga's death warrant (as a competitive competition). We'll just have Barca and Madrid being the Spanish Rangers and Celtic and dominating unchallenged every year. When they have a bad season, someone can come within 15 points of one of them, I guess. 150-50 is way too big a difference, there's no way anyone would be able to compete with the big two.

This is a fairer deal, but still doesn't make the Premier League much more competitive, it's the same faces at the top every year.

The German financial model would be ideal, but I'm afraid impossible given the greed of Spain's bit 2.

As%25C3%25AD+reparten+las+grandes+ligas+el+dinero+televisivo+-+ABC.es.png

It's true that their total revenue is vastly inferior, but the distribution is a lot fairer, and the clubs are much more responsible. Less than 50% of revenue is used on player wages. Tickets are the cheapest in Europe, and therefore attendances are the highest.

The downside? It's hard to have super teams dominating Europe like Barca are now.

The upside? The Bundesliga is a lot more interesting than the other top leagues in Europe. You get different faces at the top spots every year, everyone can genuinely beat everyone and there's some great football on display. Bayern have a super team this season, but they're struggling in their league a lot more than inferior sides like City or United. There are no cannon fodder sides in the league, all have quality.

Besides, the clubs are forced to invest in their youth set-ups, which has ultimately been hugely beneficial to the German NT. Due to the balanced revenue sharing, they can also get hold of those players for at least a few years (in a system like La Liga's or the PL's, a player of Marco Reus's quality would already be playing for Bayern).

The fact that every team in the country has quality is also helping them in the UEFA rankings. They're surpassed the Serie A, are only a few points away from surpassing La Liga and will surely very soon and should only be a matter of time before they overcome the Premier League as well. If Financial Fair Play comes into play, there's no doubt that the Bundesliga will dominate Europe, since the league and all its clubs are pretty much debt-free.

Bayern are the only European giant who operate at a profit every year.

Great post mate, one of best posts I've read in this forum (although I visit it once a month) and I pretty much agree! I was repeating the same stuff, but some narrow-minded, and I can say egoistic fanboys, couldn't understand this. The interest toward the rest clubs is decreasing, hence the interest toward the league, and 99% of its viewers wants to watch only Barca or Real Madrid games. At the times when Valencia, La Coruna and even Real Sociedad had their chances, La Liga was the most interesting league around. I miss that.

I don't understand people who says that a fairer shares resembles a communist system. It was the lack of competition that ruined this system. And this is what is happening now :/

C

California6066

i chose 2022 purely because there was not a 'never' option haha

Home of Barca Fans