Bayer Leverkusen

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca's next opponent in CL.
I already saw that our Bundesliga expert el tren doesn't rate them highly but I'd say that they are 3rd strongest team in Bundesliga if we are to look at the names they have in their squad.

Andersen22

I'd say 4th best this year, Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke are in my opinion better.
Stil we shouldn't underrate them.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
2ni6y53.jpg

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Hyypiä is retired ;)

However is wrote sth about them in the other thread (Barca drew Leverkusen).

And i dont rate them highly enough to be a real contender for Barca - but that counts for any BL team other than Bayern ;)

They also have troubles in the BL, mostly from their shaky defense. But they are good on the counter. I think they are 8th in the BL right know, and that fits it pretty much. Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Gladbach are clearly better than them atm. And they are at one level with Stuttgart, Bremen mostly.

But they have a very smart and talented coach. Maybe they could put up a little fight there. I just hope Ballack wont injure too many of our players ... ;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Leverkusen have lost midfielder Sam for 2 months after injuring his thigh and Derdiyok is ruled out of the 1st leg

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
Leverkusen of the 2002 were probably one of my favourite teams of all time,kind of weird since I was nearly 10 and probably understood nothing but still can remmember that Ballack was awesome then,shame he turned average at Bayern and then shit at chelsea but overall the team was awesome back then,think this was the first time for me to hate Madrid after that final,now tehy are shit,can see Barca walking over them with the B team

Darko

They have played well whenever I watched them this season, they can cause any team problems with their quality attacking players, but I do feel their defense is too weak to handle MSN. I expect lots goals in this one.

Home of Barca Fans