Sign a replacement for Villa?

January Signing?

• Total voters

SwiftGuyver

Villa has scored 32 goals in 75 games for us so far. Not bad but not good enough.

Overall I was happy with his first season, his work rate, commitment and team play were all excellent. 23 goals was decent but it would have been nice to see another 5-10 considering he played 52 games.

This season he has shown flashes of brilliance but has struggled with consistency, which is surprising, this is a man who has scored 51 international goals. He is a top player, a good guy and should go down as an all time great in the 'striker' category. However something is just not right with him at the moment, he is out of form but as we all know form is temporary, class is permanent. I like him and believe in him.

We have Messi, Alexis, Cesc, Pedro, Cuenca, Rafinha etc etc...we don't really need to worry about Villa going through a dry spell as long as 2 or 3 of the others stay consistent and bang the goals in regularly.

gingerless

No. Like Schwarzenegger, he'll be back

arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

just replace the words with "i'll be back"

i'm not gonna do all the work here people, don't be lazy ffs

gingerless

Villa has scored 32 goals in 75 games for us so far. Not bad but not good enough.

Overall I was happy with his first season, his work rate, commitment and team play were all excellent. 23 goals was decent but it would have been nice to see another 5-10 considering he played 52 games.

This season he has shown flashes of brilliance but has struggled with consistency, which is surprising, this is a man who has scored 51 international goals. He is a top player, a good guy and should go down as an all time great in the 'striker' category. However something is just not right with him at the moment, he is out of form but as we all know form is temporary, class is permanent. I like him and believe in him.

We have Messi, Alexis, Cesc, Pedro, Cuenca, Rafinha etc etc...we don't really need to worry about Villa going through a dry spell as long as 2 or 3 of the others stay consistent and bang the goals in regularly.

villa scores in relatively big matches, just look at CR for reference.

if alexis wasn't injured and pedro was in form this season, nobody would be pulling villa's dick right now and that's the truth

Cesc4Messi10

We have Ceunca, Pedro, Sanchez and even Iniesta can play a more advanced role on the wing.
And if you really want more cover then Pep can call up Tello or Kiko

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Really amazing results I have to say...

I'd have wanted us to sign a CF regardless of his injury though

Chainsaw

Killahead
Really amazing results I have to say...

I'd have wanted us to sign a CF regardless of his injury though

You had to make a more general poll than make it specific by mentioning names in the poll. That way many people refuse to vote because they don't like or want Neymar or Damiao here.

And many voters simply go for the third cause they believe the club won't go for a replacement.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You had to make a more general poll than make it specific by mentioning names in the poll. That way many people refuse to vote because they don't like or want Neymar or Damiao here.

And many voters simply go for the third cause they believe the club won't go for a replacement.
I mentioned the names so it would present an example of the type :lol:

impeh

Hi, its me..
as much as id love to loan Eto for a few months :blush: .. i dont think we need anyone. + it wont happen.

Cesc can play as a forward, Cuenca/Sanchez/Pedro all play there too.. so thats 5 players for 3 positions. I guess Villa was the only proper striker we have, but Messi plays centrally anyway, so it makes no difference.

Need to keep them fit though, cant have Sanchez picking up little knocks. Aside from Cuenca and Messi -thank god- all the others have been out injured already this season.

MagIX

No need to sign a replacement. He's no longer an automatic starter these days. Sanchez has been starting ahead of him of late.

We've got options aplenty: Cuenca, Pedro, the aforementioned Sanchez. We can also utilise Adriano there. When Messi isn't playing as a false 9, he can play there and also Iniesta(not his favourite position though and one I hate to see him play).

Point is we can very much cope with Villa's injury.

:thumbsup2:

Home of Barca Fans