My FCB challenge.

maz

I walk the line
Im thinking of doing something which may be stupid, but may be genius.

I have never been to the camp nou but was hoping to go this season against Sevilla on April 22nd. When i first considered it i thought that given fcb's amazing run (we were still on our winning streak) there was a possibility we could wrap the title up on that match. Imagine that..my first visit to the camp nou and we win the title! However that is looking unlikely.

So it got me thinking...i might fly out to all the home games in May and pray that we win the title on one of them. I would fly out, watch the game and fly back. I dont have to pay for accommodation or anything. Since i live in UK the flight will be ~1.5 hours. Of course i have to factor in travelling to and from the airports, but i think i can do it.

The only problem is my exams are in May and if there is a exam on monday morning there is of course no way i can go to the match if its on sunday (although i think home matches are usually on saturday if im not mistaken). Also if it happens - however unlikely - that flights are suspeneded and i am stuck in barna, then i have well and truly fucked up 4 years of studying at uni!

So...what do people think of this idea. Is it manageable? Of course if u wish, u can join me on my mission.

By the way the only home matches are Sevilla on April 22nd, villarreal on may 10th, and osasuna on may 24th. Would i travel to away matches if there was a distinct possibility we would win the title there? Possibly.

Last edited:

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Oh it sounds risky with the exams and all but if you would be there to watch us win the league it would probably be worth it!

Imagine you go to watch all the games in May, how much will it cost? Flights included

maz

I walk the line
I cant watch all games. I have to only do Home games. And there are only two in May, which are Villarreal and Osasuna.

If we get to the CL final, the match after the semi final will be villarreal. And its also posssible that could be the game we win the league. Possibly. Which means that game would be like an enlightenment experience.

Costs are quite low. I think flights will be around £90 return, but could be as low as £60. Tickets also cost roughly £50 for the games. Which means i'd be looking to spend about £150 per trip (i would sleep in the airport). If u go for one game, stay a few nights and go sightseeing u will probably spend about ~ the same amount. So it does make money common sense. I might go see the sevilla game as well.

My friend is up for it, so i just have to wait for my exam timetable and see whether i can fit the games in.

maz

I walk the line
I got my exam timetable today. Good news..i dont have any exams on proceeding mondays. However i do have one on each tuesday after the home games, so i'd be happy if the home games are on a Saturday. If they are on Sunday i will be cutting it fine to get back on monday morning.

My friend also said he is well up for it and has booked time off work. Looks like its going to go ahead as planned! I'd love if we win it on the villarreal match, and qualified to the CL final on the previous wednesday.

maz

I walk the line
It isnt a good idea. It is a stupid idea! But thats what makes it so unique. Thanks for the good luck...im gonna need it. I hope we win the title on a home match.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
It would be very nice if this became reality. I agree it's a stupid idea with school and all but it is probably worth it! If you do go there promise to take a lot of photos on Camp Nou, the game, the city and everything about the Journey and then post a lot here. That what be fantastic, I really hope this works out man :) good luck

maz

I walk the line
Not sure how much of the city ill actually be able to see, but ill definitely take pictures of my journey. I may even make a little scrapbook to show my grandchildren haha

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Maz, if you're still going to the Sevilla game you should meet up with the Penya, we've got about 20 guys heading over for the unveiling of our plaque at Camp Nou and should be a good laugh.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
Hey adam..i just replied to your PM. We may still go to the sevilla game but at the moment its not definite. Ill let u know closer to the time. It would be good to have some sort of familiarity with people that know the city since ive never travelled there.

Anyone i know other than yourself?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
If you were on other forum then you'll know Cule05, Barcarab, Barcabhoy and Murph. If not then nobody you know!

Home of Barca Fans