11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

B

barcelonista

We were nervous throughout the game. Understandable. Lose and we're trailing by 9 points = game over. But boy, how good is this team? 0-1 after 20 seconds away in the Bernabeu up against an inform Real Madrid in Mourinho's second year who were supposed to be favourites. Ending 1-3. :worthy:

Iniesta. Best big game player in the world. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Valdes had one to forget, but as he's usually very consistant, especially in the big games.. and the fact we still won, we can let him off :D
The game couldve gone either way, again Ronaldo didnt have his finishing boots on against barca, if he stuck one of his chances away it wouldve been different. Plus Puyol was in beast mode against him.

Lovely finish from Sanchez, didnt think he wouldve stuck it away, was a tricky chance. :wub: + another goal from cesc, who i thought aside from that was pretty quiet. You can tell it meant alot to him. The two big signings really proved themselves in this game. -if they werent already-

Messi was kinda quiet, but still vital. Though he perhaps was a little lucky to be on the pitch tbh, but the same goes for Ramos with that two footed tackle.

BIG win away from home, will give them a shit load of confidence going into the Club world cup and into the new year.

:barca scarf:

.. felt a little sorry for Villa though :( hope he gets a start in japan :barca scarf:

e28makaveli

I didnt feel scared when Madrid attacked, once

Imo this game was one of the easier El Classicos in a while

Can someone PLEASE make a compilation video of every time Iniesta OWNED a Madridplayer?

Not scared but I was worried.

Thanks to our boys for granting us another win. That boy Cesc. Man, he sure knows how to score. Him and Alexis are the best signings we have had under Pep. They deliver.

P

PhilS

RM was incredibly successful recovering the ball deep in Barca's half. Normally, RM quickly turns these opportunities into goals, but today their shooters could not deal with the pressure of the occasion. Also, the last-ditch Barca defense really came through.

Barca took their chances, and hit the target. That was an incredible save Casillas made on Messi.

I thought Barca was really good only in creating and converting scoring chances, but of course that counts for a lot.

MVP for RM: Valdes. Made a good save or two, but . . .
MVP for Barca: Iniesta played closest to his ability, and he was great. Messi may have set his personal record for turnovers in a game, and his yellow was bad. But Messi on not his best day was still the best player on the field, caused two goals.

Fine coaching by Mou, fine gameplan and lineup, but his players just are not great vs. Barca. Pep's choice of lineups - boy, that worked.

e28makaveli

I didnt feel scared when Madrid attacked, once

Imo this game was one of the easier El Classicos in a while

Can someone PLEASE make a compilation video of every time Iniesta OWNED a Madridplayer?

Not scared but I was worried.

Thanks to our boys for granting us another win. That boy Cesc. Man, he sure knows how to score. Him and Alexis are the best signings we have had under Pep. They deliver.

The Alexis goal is the kind we have been missing for a while. Forceful and not expected. Not a classic Barca goal.

Dani, what a playa.

Messi, is Messi.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Thoughts on a scrappy but excellent win by our boys:

-Villa has just lost his starting XI spot. Fantastic performance from Sanchez who, along with a fantastic run from Messi, truly grabbed a goal from nothing. A much needed performance from him, especially when things were not going well from the first half. Lovin' me some Asexis right now.
-Valdes, wtf....
-:worthy:Iniesta!!!! Man of the Match imo, he was fantastic in the second half, really surprised he didn't grab a goal and his surging slalom runs into the box was causing Madrid's back 4 nightmares.
-Fabregas....not quite sure what to make of his performance and how he is going to fit into the team. With him, iniesta and xavi all on the pitch at the same time, the chemistry was a bit off and we looked slightly disjointed. Perhaps its because we were playing in a new formation with new players and hopefully if Pep keeps this starting XI together, with little to no changes to it, we will start clicking better but not my favorite display from Cesc in the blaugrana, even tho he did grab a great goal from Alves's sexy cross.
-Ronaldo is the most worthless piece of shit I have ever seen in my life lol :lol:

All and all, not a vintage performance like we had against Madrid at home last year, but still a HUGE win in what will boost our confidence, but more importantly, stop the steamrolling Madrid and replant some doubt in their heads.

Richard.H

I have one thing to conclude from this match: CR is pure crap. He's a small game player. Not once have I seen him put on a world class performance against Barca which is very strange. Also, Abidal was pure crap tonight. He seemed so hesitant to tackle and was so lazy on the ball.

All in all, boring match with a boring atmosphere. I was laughing at how many chances RM missed especially that idiot CR.

Keep in mind we are still 6 points behind and other La Liga teams love getting ass-raped by RM with no lube.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I have one thing to conclude from this match: CR is pure crap. He's a small game player. Not once have I seen him put on a world class performance against Barca which is very strange. Also, Abidal was pure crap tonight. He seemed so hesitant to tackle and was so lazy on the ball.

All in all, boring match with a boring atmosphere. I was laughing at how many chances RM missed especially that idiot CR.

Keep in mind we are still 6 points behind and other La Liga teams love getting ass-raped by RM with no lube.

Erm no we're tied at the top right now but Real got a game in hand...

dalitis8

Banned
Thus spake dalitis8:

Pep's Barca have never failed a big game.

Only exception was 1st leg Inter, when the team was undone by a grueling schedule and the stupidest bus ride in the tumultuous history of humanity.*

The SuperCopa games for me, underline how superior this Barca are to anything that Florentino and Jose can throw at them.

We were at 10% fitness, and they still could not beat us.

If our intensity and off-the-ball movement matches that of games like the kickassico, the Wembley final, or the 1st semi last season, then Madrid can beat us only through sheer fortune, or ref aid.

People are naively fooled by Madrid's victories this season, saying that they have improved since last. But what team did they beat this season, that they failed to beat during the last?

The Patheticos, Asspanyols, Ajaxes, Lyons, Zaragozas, Racings and Zagrebs were smashed just as well during the previous season, and even the one before.

Only exception was Lyon, thanks to shocking errors from Iker, and Gonzalo.

As for us.

We have suffered a bit from experimentation, injuries, fatigue, arrogance (we are more than entitled to lots of that) and an unwillingness to spend any more energy than that deemed appropriate for each and every opponent. Just look at our games, our players rarely get into third gear. If at all. Keep also in mind that Madrid were looking better than us last season as well, just before the heroic 5-0.

:D

*Plus, no Iniesta, and additionally, a shockingly ineffectual Ibra.

:dance: :dance:

Home of Barca Fans