11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

Barcilliant

3-2 or 4-2 Barca. ALOT depends on the FUCKING REF! If he is like last seasons Copa Final Ref then Madrid will foul themselves to a win or draw. However if the ref is even slightly fair we should get the win. After our hopeless Getafe performance I was pessimistic but after the last 2 games I think we are ramping up the intensity. This team lives for the big games and there is NOTHING bigger then this. The title depends on this match-make no mistake. If Real win they are not going to throw away a nine point lead. If Real draw our fate is still dependent on them fucking up. If however we win we are 3 points behind and Madrid's demons will really begin to surface.

4-3-3 is the only way to go. Mascherano and Pique with Alves and Abidal. For those who say Keita wont play I think he will. Pep always likes Keita when he plays a 'physical' team. Keita isnt as smooth as Busquets but he's stronger and can be solid in these games. He also isnt intimidated by mofos like Pepe and Marcelo.

B

barcelonista

RM 3 - Barca 1.

Anyone who thinks we're going to win against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu at the top of their powers currently and with our away form of 8-7 goals and 2 wins out of 6 games, is deluded. I'm just being practical here.

We're in a state of mess currently. Home games against Levante and Rayo don't show that.

- Pique is in awful form
- Pedro is out of form due to injury
- Sanchez still didn't have much time to gel with the team. How many games did he start up until now? 4? 5?
- Villa is not at his best.
- Even Xavi looks off recently. What was his passing statistics yesterday? I bet the lowest in La Liga for him this season. I counted a couple of misplaced passes only in the opening minutes.
- Valdes looks a bit insecure.
- Pep played like 25 different starting XIs this season. No one can tell what our best lineup is. He's still trying to accommodate Fabregas-Xavi-Iniesta.

That might be enough for teams like Levante with like 20 times less the budget that we have. But surely not against the better teams. That's quiet evident. Milan gave us a hell of a game that was decided with only a soft penalty and Milan is not even half as strong as RM is. Aquilani, Seedorf, van Bommel. Fss. This game will look exactly like the Supercopa leg 1 game (which we should have lost if it wasn't for a David Villa wonder strike that brought us back).

Last edited:

Maria

RM 3 - Barca 1.

Anyone who thinks we're going to win against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu at the top of their powers currently and with our away form of 8-7 goals and 2 wins out of 6 games, is deluded. I'm just being practical here.

:thumbsup2:

Chainsaw

Killahead
RM 3 - Barca 1.

You are more deluded actually.

E

estranged

-------------------VV-------------------------

----Alves-------Masch-------Puyol----Abidal---

--------Xavi-------Busquets-------Iniesta------

----------------------Cesc--------------------

-------------Alexis-----------Messi-------------

Please Pep.

RM 3 - Barca 1.

+1

kadeng

RM 3 - Barca 1.

We're in a state of mess currently. Home games against Levante and Rayo don't show that.

- Pique is in awful form
- Sanchez still didn't have much time to gel with the team. How many games did he start up until now? 4? 5?
- Even Xavi looks off recently. What was his passing statistics yesterday? I bet the lowest in La Liga for him this season. I counted a couple of misplaced passes only in the opening minutes.
- Pep played like 25 different starting XIs this season. No one can tell what our best lineup is. He's still trying to accommodate Fabregas-Xavi-Iniesta.

That might be enough for teams like Levante with like 20 times less the budget that we have. But surely not against the better teams. That's quiet evident. Milan gave us a hell of a game that was decided with only a soft penalty and Milan is not even half as strong as RM is. Aquilani, Seedorf, van Bommel. Fss. This game will look exactly like the Supercopa leg 1 game (which we should have lost if it wasn't for a David Villa wonder strike that brought us back).

OMG!! they gonna tear us apart!

Clks

RM 3 - Barca 1.

- Pique is in awful form

You forget that Real Madrid look as strong in games that they play against teams with 20 times lower budget too. Against Valencia they would've drawn if it wasn't for the dodgy ref call denying a pen to Valencia. I am pretty positive that Real Madrid will NOT dominate the game against us. Either team can win this currently.

TheStig

Pep could try with something that we saw in the Rayo game. It's a very flexiable line-up. It could change during the game from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3, 3-5-2,4-4-2:

------------Valdes----------
--Puyol-----Pique----Abidal
-----------Busquets----------
---Xavi-------------Iniesta--
Alves----------------------Alexis
-------Messi-----Villa----------

In this case Alves and Alexis would track back to defense and I think they are capable to do that for at least one half time.

If this formation wouldn't work Pep could just switch positions and it becomes our regular 4-3-3:

Alves--Puyol---Pique--Abidal
---------Busquets-------
----Xavi----------Iniesta--
Alexis----Messi-----Villa

The problem here is that Fabregas is in a great form and Pep could change the lineup so Cesc will play from the start. The other big question in who starts in defense - Mascherano or Puyol?

DucdeOrléans

Great post Stig.

I had your first lineup in mind also but on closer reflection I don't want Villa to start but rather use him and Pedro as subs.

--Puyol-----Pique----Abidal
-----------Busquets----------
---Xavi-------------Iniesta--
Alves---------Cesc-----------Alexis
-------------Messi-----------------

As good as Mascherano is right now, Pique will be crucial against Madrid as always. In the build up as well at set pieces. He is always one of the best performers in El Clásico.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Fortunately I will be in Liverpool on Saturday and won't be back until midnight thus missing the madness of an el classico on here :D

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
RM 3 - Barca 1.

Yeah because Classico results have always reflected the teams' form leading to it.

What a ridiculous statement to make. Writing off this particular Barcelona side and claiming they have no chance in the Bernabeu just because their away form hasn't been up to notch is the definition of deluded...

Its doesn't take a genius to realize Madrid are clearly favorites going into this but this side is more than capable of grabbing 3 points in the Santiago regardless of previous form.

We have always been clutch and have more often than not stepped it up when it mattered...

Blach

Line-up:

- - Valdes - -
- Pique - Puyol - Mascherano -
- - Busquets - -
- Xavi - Iniesta -
- - Cesc - -
Messi - Villa - Alexis

Result: Minimum +1 to away team(Barca wins as always)
:)

Home of Barca Fans