Saturday, Dec. 10. 2011, 22:00h

Pre-Match Discussions and Banter Below.

Shukran Pep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nervous a fuck about this one.

Potentially a season-deciding fixture...
    Alfredo Di Stéfano, Real Madrid's greatest ever player and the honorary president, spoke out. "Barcelona's football was simply brilliant," he said in his weekly column. "Their superiority was there for the whole planet to see: the whites were cornered all game. Barcelona play football and dance. They treat the ball with adoration and respect, almost nurturing it. To see this team in action is a delight."

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're far from convincing away from home this season, and they look much more solid than last season. That said, i doubt they're gonna full on attack.. Mou isnt stupid.
    Will be interesting to see who pep picks up front for this one, Messi being the obvious one, perhaps Sanchez as he's looked good the last few games. Personally id go with Villa next to them. The guys a big game player.
    .. or will he stick Cesc in there for more possession? Grabbed a couple of goals today and being a big barca man, he'd be itching to start.

3-4-3 wont happen. We'd get dicked on the counter.. Alves will come back in with pique, and it will be a 4-3-3.

Valdes - Alves Puyol Pique Abidal - Busquets Xavi Iniesta - Sanchez Messi Villa

Id say.. 2-2

cant wait :barca scarf:

Flavia
    I'm really nervous too. I hope for a win, but a draw would be welcome. Time for the players show us what they're made of.

Shukran Pep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardiola: "If you don't control the game, a defense with three can indeed cause problems. And you can't control 90 minutes against Madrid."
    Alfredo Di Stéfano, Real Madrid's greatest ever player and the honorary president, spoke out. "Barcelona's football was simply brilliant," he said in his weekly column. "Their superiority was there for the whole planet to see: the whites were cornered all game. Barcelona play football and dance. They treat the ball with adoration and respect, almost nurturing it. To see this team in action is a delight."

ze special one
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalonian Devil View Post
    Guardiola: "If you don't control the game, a defense with three can indeed cause problems. And you can't control 90 minutes against Madrid."
    hard to pick his quote of the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not nervous yet but this is deciding match so we have to win whatever happens.
    So that means we will win
    I think we will see Messi at this season´s peak and with Sanchez he will absolutely destroy their defence
    I am P ositive T hinking C ule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if Barca play calmly at the eraly stages of the game .. trying to keep the ball to kill Madrid's players will be good ..

shouldn't rush anything .. Real Madrid will want to score every minute .. so possesion is the way to stop them.. 4-3-3 is the way for that .. with the line-up of " impeh " only Mascherano will be playing I guess .. he's faster than Puyol .. although Penaldo have never scored a goal when he faces Puyi ..

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun is over for Madrid.

Bring on the "manita" intensity.

I would start:

-------------------------------------Valdes---------------------------------
    ------------------Puyol-------------------------Pique-----------------------
    -----Alves-------------------------------------------------Abidal-----------
    ------------------------------Biscuits---------------------------------------
    -------------Xavi----------------------------Iniesta-------------------------
    ------Asexis---------------------------------------------Villa----------------
    ---------------------------Messi--------------------------------------------

Cesc to come on, on the 55th minute, for either Villa or Asexis.

mujtaba147
    Barca must play the same method which they played against levante. A pure vintage barca performance. Thats the only way madrid can be stopped. The one touch, possesion, tikitaka, genius football
    Barca forever up barca
    Any thing other than win will take us out from la liga contendeers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 players won't train until Tuesday or play vs BATE: Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Alexis, Messi and Villa

Strange that Pedro and Piqué aren't included. Pedro I can understand, he's just come back from injury, might not be in top form yet, but why Piqué? He should be resting for the Clásico too.

Or will Pep go with Puyol and Mascherano for the Clásico?!
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Heart says Barça but my head says Madrid.

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Traquete View Post
    I doubt it. Maybe he chose Pique because he was suspended and rested against Levante.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. The starting XI should be Piqué + 10 of the 13 rested players.

4-3-3: Valdés, Abidal, Puyol/Mascherano, Piqué, Alves; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Sanchez, Villa, Messi. Subs: Keita, Cesc, Masch/Puyol

Thiago and Pedro might also have a role to play despite not being included in those 13.
    "I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Traquete View Post
    13 players won't train until Tuesday or play vs BATE: Valdes, Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Abidal, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Alexis, Messi and Villa

Strange that Pedro and Piqué aren't included. Pedro I can understand, he's just come back from injury, might not be in top form yet, but why Piqué? He should be resting for the Clásico too.

I think Pique can handle 2 games in 4 days .. plus being included in CL's team doesn't mean he'll play .. he be back up mostly ..

Puyol and Mascherano for the Clasico .. no way .. the team needs Pique for aerial plays that Madrid's players are almost perfect at them ..

but who should be with Pique at CB? .. Puyol isn't as fast as he used to be .. but still .. he is Puyol and that's big .. Mascherano really did well in all Clasicos he played .. and he's the most playing CB this season so far .. only 7 goals in Liga conceded is a great number and Mascherano had a big thing to do with that number ..

just pray Pep won't play 3-4-3 or put Keita in his XI