Lucas Leiva

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Well he is overrated by some Liverpool fans but underrated by basically everyone else.

Sergio

Sergison
Well he is overrated by some Liverpool fans but underrated by basically everyone else.
Understandable in the face of the gross overestimation of his abilities by Liverpool fans.

Were we to take seriously all their claims; Luis Suarez is the best attacker in the league, Luis Enrique the best full back, Pepe Reina the best goal keeper, while the rest of the squad are modestly either the best prospects in the league, such as Carroll or Henderson, or are former world greats with the best experience, like Gerrard or Carragher. And now they claim they have the best midfielder to in... Lucas Leiva. And yet despite having the best of everything in all departments, they are terrible.

So I am inclined to believe that short of having the best of everything, they are in fact the mere wishes of the set of desperate and indoctrinated fans that cling onto what relevance they last had in the 1980's, and in actual fact these are not the best players of anything other than possibly Merseyside.

W

Worms

Like... really? Considering the Liverpool fans claim he is the best midfielder in the English league, you believe they are short selling him? Best midfielder in Europe perhaps? Best midfielder in the world a stretch?

The reality is, he was a woeful player, who has raised his game to be that of a mediocre player. That would not be a noteworthy feat were it not for the fact he plays for Liverpool, who's indoctrinated fans feel they need to hype any crap that steps on the field for them as "great".

He always used to get called shit in the 08 - 09 season by people who hardly watched him,even though when I seen him play you could tell he had the makings of a really good player but he was just a bit rough.I remember he played great that season when we beat United 4 - 1 and we where without Alonso and Lucas really stepped up.

He reminds me a bit of Busquets in that nobody rates him even though there both brilliant players(Busquets is still better).

W

Worms

Yes Viva he's crap that's why he just marked Silva out of the game :lol:

He played brilliant against Chelsea and bossed Untieds midfield....although it's not hard.

dalitis8

Banned
Understandable in the face of the gross overestimation of his abilities by Liverpool fans.

Were we to take seriously all their claims; Luis Suarez is the best attacker in the league, Luis Enrique the best full back, Pepe Reina the best goal keeper, while the rest of the squad are modestly either the best prospects in the league, such as Carroll or Henderson, or are former world greats with the best experience, like Gerrard or Carragher. And now they claim they have the best midfielder to in... Lucas Leiva. And yet despite having the best of everything in all departments, they are terrible.

So I am inclined to believe that short of having the best of everything, they are in fact the mere wishes of the set of desperate and indoctrinated fans that cling onto what relevance they last had in the 1980's, and in actual fact these are not the best players of anything other than possibly Merseyside.

As crap as Leiva is, he is probably at the level of Aquillani, or whoever plays there for AC.

dalitis8

Banned
I thought you were, but I can never tell with you.

Don't get me wrong though because Keita is a damned good player.

Keita was never damned good. He was more than decent in 08/09. He has gone downhill since then. He can now barely cut it as a squad member. As for Leiva, he has been mediocre for years. A good game against City doesn't really change much...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Lucas was mediocre but the last year - 18 months he has truly upped his level definitely.

It's not just one good game......he's had good games every time he's played this season and last season.

Home of Barca Fans