Takefusa Kubo

BarçaBarça

Still stunned how Real MAdrid do business.

Hazard, Militao, Mendy, Jovic, Kubo all in a few weeks.

Wish I supported this club. Just amazing.

We bought Todibo, De Jong and Griezmann even earlier (Griezmann will be official July 1st). And Real hasn't spend for last few windows to much frustration of the fans.

True Flo bosses the transfermarket, but grass is always greener.

serghei

We bought Todibo, De Jong and Griezmann even earlier (Griezmann will be official July 1st). And Real hasn't spend for last few windows to much frustration of the fans.

True Flo bosses the transfermarket, but grass is always greener.

I am more worried than Zidane's comeback than about their transfers tbh. If they still had Lope or Solari on the bench I wouldn't care less who they sign. But Zidane has quite proven to be a top manager and a total winner.

Alik

I am more worried than Zidane's comeback than about their transfers tbh. If they still had Lope or Solari on the bench I wouldn't care less who they sign. But Zidane has quite proven to be a top manager and a total winner.

I'm hoping that the repeated losses from the end of last season continue into the new one.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Konrad is promising but nowhere near the quality of player that Kubo is and is likely to become - worlds apart IMHO

Donatello

June 15th, 2019 [Notice from the club]
[To fans and supporters] On the subject of Takefusa Kubo's transfer

We sincerely thank you for your warm support.
Firstly, we apologize to our fans and supporters that news of this transfer was leaked by some media, and that it became public before an official match.

It has been officially determined that Takefusa Kubo will make a complete transfer to Real Madrid. As a club, we had strongly wished that he stay to lift the [Championship trophy] with us, but this is where we are. As seen from his play this season, Kubo has grown and developed into one of the foremost players in Japan, and he has great potential. As a club, we hope that he continues to grow and become one of the foremost players in the world, pulling Japanese football forward. Please continue to offer Kubo your support.

Secondly, we inform our fans and supporters about how this transfer took place. Kubo joined FC Tokyo U15 Musashi from FC Barcelona in May 2015. There were extraneous circumstances with his former club, but he chose FC Tokyo as his pathway to growth. From the time we signed him, he had a strong desire to play overseas. In order to seek that possibility when he turned 18, our contract with him was until that day. (He first signed on as an amateur, and professionally from 2017). Of course when he turned 18 in June of 2019, FC Tokyo made him an offer as well, but multiple clubs considered Big Clubs globally also made offers. We were told that he had some desire to stay and contribute to the Championship, considering the team's situation this season and his own personal growth. But ultimately, he chose Real Madrid, one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The season goes on. Our goal to be a strong, cherished team does not change. Our coach, players and staff are united in our efforts to win the title and share that joy with our fans and supporters.

Finally, we hope to make the occasion for Kubo to speak to our fans and supporters. As that depends on his schedule, we will inform you once a date is set. Thank you for your continued support.

CEO Ohgane Naoki

TL;DR: Due to Kubo's stated desire to return to Europe as soon as he turned 18, FC Tokyo had signed him to an unorthodox contract that lasted until Kubo's 18th birthday, hence why his contract ended in June.

And Our board was sleeping. I am not a Kubo fan or anything, but these things are unacceptable at a club like Barca. On top of that, Real Madrid got him for free.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
he can be a flashy player, with better player around him he could do very well, he still has lots to learn and madrid will help a lot, i think Zidane might keep him

wisconsincule

We already have Puig who isn’t going to make it. Not worried that this guy went to Madrid. He’ll be at a mid level Liga team in 2 years.

abbbs97

We already have Puig who isn’t going to make it. Not worried that this guy went to Madrid. He’ll be at a mid level Liga team in 2 years.

Disagree on Puig. He has massive potential and I think he will make it under the right management soon. Of course, not under Shitverde but under the right manager, he'll make it. He's way too talented not to.

Agreed on Kubo. He's talented but why he went to Madrid when they aren't famous for developing youngsters and they have a million other forwards is baffling. I see him going to Espanyol in 2 years.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Take Kubo already impressing in Real Madrid training. Won’t be staying at Castilla for long. <a href="https://t.co/7vUiaD2j22">pic.twitter.com/7vUiaD2j22</a></p>— La Masia (@Youngcules) <a href="https://twitter.com/Youngcules/status/1150464908686954496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Donatello

His training video got 1M views in less than 12 hrs.

Insane marketing potential wasted by Barca. Even if he turns out to be a flop, he'd have done more good than bad.

Home of Barca Fans