Maradona or Messi

Maradona or Messi

• Total voters

Gaines10

After having alot of debates with people on other forums I am wanting to ask you guy's who do you prefer? Who do you think is better?

W

woobie

I don't like comparing players from different eras. So for me, it'd be either neither or both.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
as woobie said, the argument it self is pretty pointless. of course Messi is better but the football has changed alot, training facilities have become better, trainers know better etcetc.

we can however both agree on the fact that the players were the best of their generations at their peaks.

Quell

as woobie said, the argument it self is pretty pointless. of course Messi is better but the football has changed alot, training facilities have become better, trainers know better etcetc.

we can however both agree on the fact that the players were the best of their generations at their peaks.

+1

it's pointless, but we didn't know Maradona as fans of that era know him.
Recently Messi was called "A new Maradona", some years later when a talented child will appear he's going to be "A new Messi"

Last edited:
W

woobie

Speak for yourself, Quell.:) I remember the Napoli era Maradona very well. (and no old jokes or I will hit you with my cane.)

W

woobie

(or I will paint your house red and black).

I was only a small kid but I used to watch tapes of serie a games with dad/grandpa/etc on sundays.

Yugi

I voted for Messi as I think at the end of the career he will be called best player ever... for now it´s 50/50 or more like 55/45 for Messi

B

barcelonista

Maradona. If you think Messi at 24 is already ahead of probably the greatest footballer in history, you've never seen Maradona play.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I've never seen Maradona play, so this is difficult. I chose Maradona because he played for longer. Messi will probably eclipse him soon enough.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I quit...I quit...I can't decide! But mark my words if messi breaks his goal tally this season (9/10 likely) then we all know the answer! Maradona is simply one of my idols for Napoli, and Argentina. Also his sexy goal of the century vs England :D

MoFroBo

Both are very similar, but yet Messi isn't better version of Maradonna, to me he is undoubteably the best player ever.

Home of Barca Fans