Scott Parker

Robbie

20120301110016-1a4d762c.gif

World. Class.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
20120301110016-1a4d762c.gif

World. Class.

that was the one time he tried to actually keep his head up and find someone rather than just play a safe pass.

I like the guy, and as a mad dog DM in an unbalanced attack-heavy side he's a solid fit, but if you're actually trying to play football this man is a fucking joke. and Barry is piss in the eye as well. the fact that Carrick is being overlooked for England, especially in Wilshere's absence, is just so depressing.

frankly I wanna see what Jack & Carrick can do as a partnership. that could be the way forward for England.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
that was the one time he tried to actually keep his head up and find someone rather than just play a safe pass.

I like the guy, and as a mad dog DM in an unbalanced attack-heavy side he's a solid fit, but if you're actually trying to play football this man is a fucking joke. and Barry is piss in the eye as well. the fact that Carrick is being overlooked for England, especially in Wilshere's absence, is just so depressing.

frankly I wanna see what Jack & Carrick can do as a partnership. that could be the way forward for England.

Man I can't stop laughing at this because its so humiliating. Sometimes its so bad that you feel sorry for him, but this is just too retarded that I can't comprehend how he made it to the national side. Shit happens, but this is unreal.

Why is Carrick not playing depressing? What is more depressing is England was a seaman fuck up away from qualifying to the semi finals of the WC 2002, but by 2004 we all know that England will always be a victim of their own superstars; so I have accepted that, because I don't hate England, nor dislike them, for some reason I kind of like England, so I at least want them to do well and then this shit happens. We go from a Seaman fuck up, Beckham red card, beckham penalty miskick, Rooney red card to just PURE comedy.

It wasn't bad enough that England had to suffer monumental errors, no, their midfield has turned to absolute garbage. Like you say, piss in the eye. What is depressing is that you are depressed that Carrick is not playing, a player who has done fuck all for two-three years. Flashes of brilliance here and there to remind us of what a very good player he was isn't enough for a national team, yet you say it is depressing that he isn't playing?

It has got me thinking, skip the entire midfield bullshit all together, their best bet is playing their strongest D and best F. Their midfield won't control any game, they just can't. National teams today are not like before, who played gungho football, its painfully tactical, highly skilled, and their players play all over the world with many different solutions.

Play the Christmas tree formation, let Theo, Rooney and Ashley Young do their thing. They have no other hope. Their defense is actually better than Argentinas so they have a glimmer of hope to not embarrass.

Robbie

Things will be much better for England when Jack gets back

This is a teenager playing out of position. There are some things in football you can't teach.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Why is Carrick not playing depressing? What is more depressing is England was a seaman fuck up away from qualifying to the semi finals of the WC 2002, but by 2004 we all know that England will always be a victim of their own superstars; so I have accepted that, because I don't hate England, nor dislike them, for some reason I kind of like England, so I at least want them to do well and then this shit happens. We go from a Seaman fuck up, Beckham red card, beckham penalty miskick, Rooney red card to just PURE comedy.

It wasn't bad enough that England had to suffer monumental errors, no, their midfield has turned to absolute garbage. Like you say, piss in the eye. What is depressing is that you are depressed that Carrick is not playing, a player who has done fuck all for two-three years. Flashes of brilliance here and there to remind us of what a very good player he was isn't enough for a national team, yet you say it is depressing that he isn't playing?

it's depressing because despite the fact that he's been absolutely pantsed by us twice in CL Finals, he's the best English CM along with Wilshere by quite a distance. they are players who actually get the ball down and play which is exactly what the side needs to be doing. and I dunno what you mean by only flashes of brilliance - Carrick has been one of the steady beats of this United side since he joined. he's a slow starter but come Spring he's always rolling, except in 09/10 when he was poor for pretty much the whole season on account of being traumatised by Rome (when Fergie left him isolated against Messi, Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets the poor bastard).

"done fuck all" - have you watched them beyond the CL Finals? coz you wouldn't say that otherwise. true he hasn't regularly dominated games like he has the ability to do, like Xabi and Pirlo (as players of similar style) have done for years, but 1. he's not that good and 2. that's almost besides the point here because what England need is someone who does exactly what he does. sweep, intercept, and then play it forward. move it on. use possession intelligently so that the team can build a good rhythm.

really wanna see him and Jackie Boy link up for England. sure, England won't win anything in the near future but with those two in CM they'd at least play decent football & not totally embarrass everyone. may even make the semi's or Final if the draw is kind! and that kind of "success" would pave the way for more players to want to be like Jack & Carrick, which could pay enormous dividends in the future. I mean fucks sake, Raed, right now kids in England are being told that Scott Parker is a footballer to admire. I mean fucks sake!

and it's even more depressing because when he doesn't play, Gareth Barry does.

B

barcelonista

but if you're actually trying to play football this man is a fucking joke.

I mean fucks sake, Raed, right now kids in England are being told that Scott Parker is a footballer to admire. I mean fucks sake!

Alzheimer's? This was your assessment of Parker 4 months ago. Just caught my eyes because it was the last post on the previous page of this thread.

he's not on Xavi's level (only La Pulga and Andrésito are) but he's a fucking great player.

apart from looking like someone from the 50's (that haircut :worthy: ) and having a journeyman career, and of course committing the cardinal sin of being English, he's the business. United were looking to spend I dunno how much on Sneijder, and they do need him, but £10m for Parker? admittedly if Fletcher gets back to his best it would be redundant, but that's a big if and Parker would be a magnificent partner for someone like Cleverley.

the other top clubs could really use him too

Robbie

Scott-Parker-celebrates-s-001.jpg

Brave Scotty Parker, England's (other) brave lion. Full of English grit™ and determination™

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Alzheimer's? This was your assessment of Parker 4 months ago. Just caught my eyes because it was the last post on the previous page of this thread.

and in an unbalanced team he is great player. which is why he's so great for Spurs, because they've got wingers who don't defend and leave huge gaps that need plugging.

he would be a great partner for Cleverley, who also leaves massive holes behind him when he attacks and creates an unbalanced team - as we saw at the start of the season when every United game was a shootout that could have easily ended up with the scores being reversed.

I like Parker for Spurs, and even for some of the top clubs, but not for England. for England he's the type of player that needs to die out and that's never been clearer to me than after yesterday's game. it's one thing to have hustle & work ethic, but you have to combine that with some sort of technique, like Puyol does. homeboy has none. and now he's Captain? undroppable first name on the team-sheet? dafuq is that?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
it's depressing because despite the fact that he's been absolutely pantsed by us twice in CL Finals, he's the best English CM along with Wilshere by quite a distance. they are players who actually get the ball down and play which is exactly what the side needs to be doing. and I dunno what you mean by only flashes of brilliance - Carrick has been one of the steady beats of this United side since he joined. he's a slow starter but come Spring he's always rolling, except in 09/10 when he was poor for pretty much the whole season on account of being traumatised by Rome (when Fergie left him isolated against Messi, Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets the poor bastard).

"done fuck all" - have you watched them beyond the CL Finals? coz you wouldn't say that otherwise. true he hasn't regularly dominated games like he has the ability to do, like Xabi and Pirlo (as players of similar style) have done for years, but 1. he's not that good and 2. that's almost besides the point here because what England need is someone who does exactly what he does. sweep, intercept, and then play it forward. move it on. use possession intelligently so that the team can build a good rhythm.

really wanna see him and Jackie Boy link up for England. sure, England won't win anything in the near future but with those two in CM they'd at least play decent football & not totally embarrass everyone. may even make the semi's or Final if the draw is kind! and that kind of "success" would pave the way for more players to want to be like Jack & Carrick, which could pay enormous dividends in the future. I mean fucks sake, Raed, right now kids in England are being told that Scott Parker is a footballer to admire. I mean fucks sake!

and it's even more depressing because when he doesn't play, Gareth Barry does.

Carick is a very good player, I would select him for England immediately. Problem is that he has been shy to explode on the scene and reach his potential. I don't know why, but it is that way.

I am not saying that Michael isn't a better option, excuse me, a much much better option than Parker or Milner, but if Michael isn't going to step his game up then he needs a teaching, a lesson of some sort. He is a very good player for Man U, a team that has been either lethargic or clinical, and Michael Carrick had the opportunity to make that team his, but Giggs at 37 (or is it 47 now?) hasn't slowed down, Michael has.

Scott Parker, Milner for players with far less ability, apply themselves, or portray the image they do. Carrick is timid, a quite boy who goes on about his work silently and quietly. So when he is off form, he disappears. Maybe wilshere is the answer, because for once, England might have a host of talent that is variant in age and no superstar.

But yes, Scott Parker is shit. Carrick offers England an answer, but so long as he speaks.

Jenks

He's performed for England every chance he's had to be fair, those chances have just been very limited due to his erratic club form. Wilshere is the best midfielder we have, but the chances of him being match fit for the tournament are looking pretty slim right now.

Home of Barca Fans