Sandro Ramirez

God Serena

Dude, a person criticizing the coach for thinking something that they themselves thought is hypocritical.

But yeah, sure, serves Lucho right!

I never once thought "Sandro is doing bad on the wing, let's get rid of him and bring in another striker who will only play striker."

Keep trying. Keep reaching. Keep doing whatever the hell it is you do, because you're so good at it.

Alik

I never once thought "Sandro is doing bad on the wing, let's get rid of him and bring in another striker who will only play striker."

Keep trying. Keep reaching. Keep doing whatever the hell it is you do, because you're so good at it.

Coolio. I suppose I must have been dreaming when you said he has no space in this squad.

Yeah, and it's hard to envision a world where Sandro gets to play CF. If ever an opening somehow opens up at CF Munir is already starved for the position himself. If we need a winger we're really much better off using one of our midfielders there than Sandro.

Tbh Sandro really has no place here right now. I'd send him on loan no matter what happens with Nolito.

The fact that Paco was a failed transfer, doesn't take away from the fact that you yourself wanted Sandro gone and that you thought Munir was ahead of him.

khaled_a_d

Sandro and Munir got criticized unfairly considering Lucho always used them as wingers rather than CFs where both are doing well. Sandro more so than Munir though, but then again Valencia is a shithouse.

It looks bad on Lucho and Robert the more you think about.

Didn't use Munir and Sandro as CFs, yet wanted a CF backup for Suarez, initially Gameiro, but settled on Paco. Why didn't he give a chance to Sandro or Munir at their best and only position?

It's shit like this Lucho is criticized for when it comes to his decision making regarding La Masia players.

No,I was always a big fan of Sandro but the guy was really bad with us. Lucho actually gave him more than fair chances considering how bad he was at any position he played. He wasted some weird chances when he was there that had nothing to do with the position he is playing at.
I am glad he found his form back in Malaga and specially after getting injured. But let's not pretend that he was able to deal with the pressure here.
Paco failed in his 1st half of the season but at 2nd half he wasn't that bad tbf, he could very well turn into the better player for us between the three through time albeit being too expensive

Suarez was mad because he celebrated when he scored. Was just a normal celebration too.

Sandro nice enough to apologize even if he didnt need to IMO

Like it or not it has became an unwritten rule that players shouldn't celebrate when scoring against their former teams.
And while Sandro still has the right to celebrate,Suarez talked because Sandro of all players should have respected us more, the club has treated him fairly and allowed him to leave on his own terms when they knew he won't make it here. He is from the academy too.

God Serena

Coolio. I suppose I must have been dreaming when you said he has no space in this squad.

The fact that Paco was a failed transfer, doesn't take away from the fact that you yourself wanted Sandro gone and that you thought Munir was ahead of him.

Yeah but this was stated before:

-Munir was loaned
-Paco was bought
-Paco was played primarily at CF which in that very post you mined is what I said wouldn't be as available

If we were going to bring in a forward who could have only played as a striker we could have easily kept Sandro and played him there even if we did loan Munir out or keep him primarily as a winger still. Nothing I'm saying now contradicts my post back then.

Once again, learn the difference between hypocrisy and hindsight. You're making a fool of yourself.

Alik

Yeah but this was stated before:

-Munir was loaned
-Paco was bought
-Paco was played primarily at CF which in that very post you mined is what I said wouldn't be as available

If we were going to bring in a forward who could have only played as a striker we could have easily kept Sandro and played him there even if we did loan Munir out or keep him primarily as a winger still. Nothing I'm saying now contradicts my post back then.

Once again, learn the difference between hypocrisy and hindsight. You're making a fool of yourself.

You yourself said you would even play the midfielders that we had in the team ahead of Sandro :lol: And that you'd send him off, regardless of what happened. And that you'd keep Munir over him.

Go complain in the Munir thread. Because the only one making a fool of himself here is you.

God Serena

You yourself said you would even play the midfielders that we had in the team ahead of Sandro :lol: And that you'd send him off, regardless of what happened. And that you'd keep Munir over him.

Go complain in the Munir thread. Because the only one making a fool of himself here is you.

For fuck's sake, things I said back then have nothing to do with now. I would have Munir over him, that hasn't changed. What did change is signing Paco Alcacer. Are you intentionally ignoring my points? I'd rather have kept Sandro and played him as striker than signed Paco. Sandro was played almost entirely on the wings and he didn't do anything there, so of course I'd say I like Munir more and that our midfielders (Really just Rafinha) would be a better fit there... But if we could have just played him at striker we should have,

Once again, go learn the difference between hindsight and hypocrisy. You're still making a fool of yourself drawing up past comments as if the team hasn't changed and Lucho hasn't made numerous baffling transfer and positional changes since then. Good lord.

El Flaco

Sandro's goal vs. Valencia

[gfy]CoordinatedCloudyCoral[/gfy]

[gfy]DeficientSeveralAfricanwildcat[/gfy]

Windhook

It's a lucky deflection. :D Actually I'm glad he started scoring goals, he needed it. I expect in the near future Sandro to join one of our rivals in La Liga. Barcelona? Not a chance. Players around the world do not celebrate goals against former teams, unless they have been treated like piece of s**t.

khaled_a_d

It's a lucky deflection. :D Actually I'm glad he started scoring goals, he needed it. I expect in the near future Sandro to join one of our rivals in La Liga. Barcelona? Not a chance. Players around the world do not celebrate goals against former teams, unless they have been treated like piece of s**t.

He apologized for it IIRC

Windhook

He apologized for it IIRC

He did indeed apologize, but after the game.

"To be honest, I don't think I over-celebrated, it was just a normal celebration given how important winning the game was for us," Sandro told Movistar after helping Malaga take a huge step towards securing another season in Spain's top flight.

"I can only say that if I am anyone in football, it's thanks to Barcelona. They treated me amazingly there and I will remember that for my whole life.

"But now I'm indebted to Malaga and it was a really important goal. But if [the celebration] offended anyone, I apologise. I was really happy."

Speaking later to Cadena SER, he added: "They said that I should have shown more respect for the hand that fed me [by not celebrating].

"And I repeat that I ask for forgiveness, although not from Barcelona's fans but from the people at La Masia who have given me everything."

God Serena

He was a permanent bench player, him celebrating doesn't mean much. Even David Villa celebrated when he scored on us.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Always said he and Munir should have played more while they were here. And giving him away for free was bullshit. 21 year old player scoring 12 league goals with 6 games to go.
Great decision once again.

Home of Barca Fans