Sandro Ramirez

barcanuck

In hind sight we are disgusting not trusting our youth and paying shit loads of money for Paco and Gomesh to Valencia. But I have a feeling that's all inner workings between Catalans to move money around.

clemente

I used to think hes slow, never showed any pace for us, now I see that he has crazy pace, hurts to see a player like that get away, well at least hes getting playtime..

xXKonan

Seen a couple of rumors that Tottenham are interested in him.He has a 6 million buyout clause and the Spurs have been linked with him since he was here. makes me wonder if the Spurs are going to offload Vincent Janssen, who hasn't been impressive at all this season for them.

LeeRomeno

Sandro has always been less talented, but more clinical finisher compared to Munir, who is more versatile, technically gifted, but then less of a finisher.
What failed him in his last season here was loss of quality in his most strongest asset - finishing.
IN 2014/15, his breakout season, he was quite good for first team whenever he had a chance. He scored 4 goals for first team, goal per 65,2 minutes, which is a very good result, getting total 261 minutes, not much.
He got 4 more times minutes last season, but only managed to produce 3 goals, all in copa del rey (compared to scoring even in CL a season before). He clearly lost his mojo.
Now he is scoring at rate of 120 minutes per goal, in struggling Malaga side, that is a great result.
Sandro will never be a world-beater, but he can definitely be a mid-tier La Liga forward, scoring around 15-20 goals per season, someone like lets say Soldado used to be, no nonsense central forward.
He has speed and with gametime he has obviously regained his finishing ability.

hulinat

Sandro is only 21 years old and probably could have finished this season with 20 goals if he hadn't been injured. Villa scored about the same amount of goals for Gijon in his age so why couldnt Sandro become a world class player?

LeeRomeno

Sandro is only 21 years old and probably could have finished this season with 20 goals if he hadn't been injured. Villa scored about the same amount of goals for Gijon in his age so why couldnt Sandro become a world class player?

TBH Villa had like 3 good seasons in his entire career in La Liga, where he scored more then 20, which is not a bad amount for striker, i never rated him as world class player, but he was definitely a very good finisher until injuries broke him.
Also i compared him to Soldado, who was also pretty good forward on his day and also played in Spanish National team. As for Villa, I did not really follow him, when he was in his early 20s to compare, but just looking at Sandro and looking at some other promising forwards around his age currently, he just does not seem to be that special. This season has been good though, so i hope all the best for him, seems like a nice guy.

clemente

So he was injured like half of the season and he has 13 fucking goals? And we let him go for free? I give up

Windhook

So he was injured like half of the season and he has 13 fucking goals? And we let him go for free? I give up

No, don't give up, mate. Malaga's team style is much different. Sandro at Barca, playing against a wall of defenders would have been helpless as he was last season. We would've had a major excuse for Andre Gomes on our squad, believe me:lol:. He is great on the counters, pacey, but that's not our style.

Last edited:

clemente

No, don't give up, mate. Malaga's team style is much different. Sandro at Barca, playing against a wall of defenders would have been helpless as he was last season. We would've had an major excuse for Andre Gomes on our squad, believe me:lol:. He is great on the counters, pacey, but that's not our style.
Yeah but out of those 13 goals like 2 were due to his pace/counterattack, his finishing is really clinical this season.

Windhook

Yeah but out of those 13 goals like 2 were due to his pace/counterattack, his finishing is really clinical this season.

His finishing is, he is a Barca product who made it to the first squad nonetheless. But I'm still convinced he had to move away to improve as a player. He wouldn't have half of these chances if he was still at Barca. That free kick goal against Oblak in Madrid was sick, btw. (He just now made a penalty and missed it:lol:, the tap in was scored.) If he keeps on such display next season Barca's management might consider getting him back.

Home of Barca Fans