Barcelona almost always overpays for a player OR buys flops OR BOTH.

kkkkasd

If you look at Barcelona's top players at the moment, almost all of them are from it's youth system.

And yet each year Barcelona spends a substantial amount of money in the transfer market, only that most of these players are flops or overpriced or BOTH.

Alexis Sanchez - €43M - OVERPRICED

Zlatan Ibrahimović - €50M + €20M Eto - SUPER OVERPRICED WHOEVER MADE THIS DEAL SHOULD BE SHOT 15 TIMES. Firstly Ibra was NO WAY worth €70M and secondly Eto'o was worth more than €20M.

Martín Cáceres - €16.5M I understand this was more of a buy on potential but the end result was a reverse Messi. This guy played for Barca like 10 times after like 5 years and then was sold for like €3M.

David Villa - €40 - Only slightly overpriced in my opinion, not too bad compared to some of the other horror deals Barca have made. I just think that's a bit too much to be paying for a guy nearing his 30's.

I wanna going to make a list but then I realised that would take me ALL DAY and the list would be HUGE HUGE HUGE, and I only started watching football like 2 years ago -_-

Just curious, who makes these transfer deals for Barca ? Coss it doesn't seem like his been fired even after all these years ;|

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Zlatan is supremely massively overpriced, yeah.
About Sanchez: We don't know how much they paid for him
Caceres wasn't all that bad, but selling him for 3m is a joke
Afellay was a good transfer

Manuel Traquete

Agree about Ibra and Caceres. But why is Villa overpriced? 40m is fair value for a player of his quality and pedigree.

And how do you know Sanchez is overpriced? That can only be judged in a few years in hindsight. If he turns out to be one of the best players in the world, then he was not overpriced.

On the other hand, we've also pulled some great deals.

Piqué 5m

Dani Alves 25m (VERY cheap considering his contributions over the years)

Afellay 3m

Keita 14m (Debatable, but for me 14m is a cheap price to pay for the perfect squad player)

Mascherano 18m

P

PhilS

The team is going to spend a lot of money in the transfer market. The team has the money, it seems to now be following a policy of total spending within what it can afford. The team prefers buying quality rather than quantity. Very few players meet Barca's quality standards.

Since Zlatan, the team's acquisitions have been excellent, and all have been decent to fine bargains. Players this good do not come cheap. Just wait till you see how much Barca will be paying for Neymar in January 2013.

Badger

Sometimes we have a great eye for a bargain and sometimes we clearly don't. That's football.

I agree with the Ibra deal though. That was a horrific mistake.

ZeeMessi

It's hit and miss for every football club because no one can perfect it. Our misses are on a bigger scale because of the size of the club in Europe. The Ibra deal was horrific, but otherwise I'd say business as usual with wins/losses in the transfer market.

barcaboy15

I'd say EVERY player we've bought since Rossell became president has been a great buy actually.

Mascherano and Affelay together were £17m! Fabregas was about half of his true market price and Sanchez was way below what others were offering.

Of course we've had our flops, though only as much as any of the other biggest teams and significantly less than Real, Chelsea and Man City.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
208wgp5.gif

Home of Barca Fans