Ballon d'Or 2011

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
EMD have leaked the Barca players that part of the 50 person shortlist for this year's Ballon d'Or.

Alves
Piqué
Puyol
Abidal
Xavi
Iniesta
Cesc
Messi
Villa

9/50 will be Barcelona players. The full list will be leaked by them tomorrow apparently. It will be reduced to 23 in a week and the 3 finalists will be announced December 5. Winner will be known on Jan 12.

B

beautifulgame

i'm all for Xavi getting due recognition, so perhaps there should be a new 'contribution to football' award like you all say.

however, as far any award for best footballer goes, you can't argue against messi.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
contribution to football as in 'Life Time Achievement' award? I'm all for it. Better than the likes of Giggs winning 'Player Of The Year' award just for the sake of winning something FFS

B

beautifulgame

contribution to football as in 'Life Time Achievement' award? I'm all for it. Better than the likes of Giggs winning 'Player Of The Year' award just for the sake of winning something FFS

exactly.

W

Worms

Xavi should have won it for 2010 but this year he doesn't deserve to win it,this isn't some life time achievement award,it's the baloon d or and Messi has been the best player in 2011,Iniesta should be close as well.

B

barcelonista

Top 3 will probably be Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo. With the same result as in "Best European Player 2011" award:

1. Messi
2. Xavi
3. Ronaldo

Maybe there is a bit of a chance that Xavi could win it though because the jury could think the same as many football fans: "Xavi needs an individual award." Making up for last year where maybe Xavi should have won it instead of Messi.

X

xaviniesta

i can't belive that valdes (mr consistency) , busquets (underrated genius) and alexis (serie a mvp) aren't there.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Top 3 will probably be Messi, Xavi, Ronaldo. With the same result as in "Best European Player 2011" award:

1. Messi
2. Xavi
3. Ronaldo

Maybe there is a bit of a chance that Xavi could win it though because the jury could think the same as many football fans: "Xavi needs an individual award." Making up for last year where maybe Xavi should have won it instead of Messi.

Ronaldo should only win the 'Best penalty kick taker' award. The first 3 still has to be Messi, Iniesta, Xavi just like last year.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Puyi's also in the list despite being injured for most of the season?

It's all in the hair!!

tumblr_l5erjtL0zx1qc88aro1_500.jpg

Home of Barca Fans