5. Valdes
6. Abidal
7. Falcao
8. Cristiano
9. Rooney
10. Suarez

imo

H725

yeah like you were ever gonna vote for me.

are there 20 players with more talent than Neymar? yes.

are there 20 players who had better seasons than Neymar? no.

he was the major factor in Santos winning the Libertadores. I'd even include Danilo in the 50, really. Ganso should be there too, but also didn't really play enough to warrant a spot, which is a shame for him but injuries are like that.

is Justo Villar in? he should be in for the Copa America run alone. what a hero.

1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Xavi
4. Busquets
5. Cristiano
6. Rooney
7. Suarez
8. Özil
9. Falcao
10. Abidal
11. Zlatan
12. Piqué
13. Benzema
14. Neymar
15. Villa
16. Alvaro Pereira
17. Hulk
18. Sahin
19. Van Persie
20. Justo Villar

would be my top 20.

maybe.

Where the hell is Eto'o?? Samu should be at least 3rd for the last season,he was incredible,the best striker in the world again....and Busquets ahead of CR looks like a joke

Bergkamp10

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi

I know there's a lot of Ronaldo hate on here but 53 in 54 is incredible, he deserves second imo.

W

Worms

he was the major factor in Santos winning the Libertadores. I'd even include Danilo in the 50, really. Ganso should be there too, but also didn't really play enough to warrant a spot, which is a shame for him but injuries are like that.

is Justo Villar in? he should be in for the Copa America run alone. what a hero.

1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Xavi
4. Busquets
5. Cristiano
6. Rooney
7. Suarez
8. Özil
9. Falcao
10. Abidal
11. Zlatan
12. Piqué
13. Benzema
14. Neymar
15. Villa
16. Alvaro Pereira
17. Hulk
18. Sahin
19. Van Persie
20. Justo Villar

would be my top 20.

maybe.

THIS but replace Rooney for Eto.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Where the hell is Eto'o?? Samu should be at least 3rd for the last season,he was incredible,the best striker in the world again....

my bad, I forgot Samu on account of Inter were shit and then he moved to Russia.

let's slide him in at #11 and move everyone below that down a slot.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Xavi
4. Busquets
5. Cristiano
6. Rooney
7. Suarez
8. Özil
9. Falcao
10. Abidal
11. Zlatan
12. Piqué
13. Benzema
14. Neymar
15. Villa
16. Alvaro Pereira
17. Hulk
18. Sahin
19. Van Persie
20. Justo Villar

would be my top 20.

maybe.

no Alexis? :(

X

xaviniesta

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Xavi

I know there's a lot of Ronaldo hate on here but 53 in 54 is incredible, he deserves second imo.
this award is not the most goals scored in a season imo.

the criteria of voting is this:
*Performances in major competitions (Champions League, World Cup, etc.)
* Individual and team honours
*Individual talent, skill and fair play
*Overall career
*Personality and charisma

A shortlist of 23 male players will be compiled by experts from the FIFA Football Commission.

The lists of 23 male and ten female candidates, as well as the two lists of ten coaches, have been drawn up by football experts from the Football Committee, the Technical and Development Committee and the Committee for Women’s Football and the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, as well as by a group of experts from France Football.

journalists, national coaches and national captains will all vote for the winner of the 23man list

it's always hard to rank athletes in such sports like football or something similar. it's not like 100m run - the one whos first in the finish is better. there are some criterias, but on the other hand when you have national team captains and coaches voting, the result could be hilarious at times. many of them will just follow their heart rather than head and vote for their teammate like vermalen voted for cesc in last year. some votes were completely nonsense like capello's third choice was maicon. many votes were 'invalid' and there were no votes from argentina (mascherano's claim that he never received a ballot) and ireland (henry's handball?) and then there are countries (no offence) like comoros, sao tome n principe, somalia etc.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Messi is the best player and he deserves to win again, but I have this bad feeling that he's not going to win it. Just because they want a differnent player this time. :(

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
no Alexis? :(

does he deserve it? I mean, everyone I listed won Titles, apart from the Madrid players who had a bloody good reason, and Van Persie who has just been in sensational form since he returned from injury last season. I love Asexis, but he'd be just outside the top 20 tbh.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you sausage stuffers do realise I'm not being serious with Busquets that high, right? (he does belong in the top 10, though).

Home of Barca Fans